10-08-2013 04:53 AM
- I have a business FB page that I admin and I can't figure out how to post a picture to that page. If I use the built in settings in WP to post a photo, of course, it will post to my personal wall. The WP Facebook app doesn't seem to allow posting a photo to a page, only a comment on the wall, not a photo. If I use the FB Mobile page from Internet Explorer, it will not let me post a photo either. It says, the browser you are using doesn't support posting photos.
Am I missing something or is it just not possible?06-09-2012 05:30 PM
- One thing that is confusing me about your post is that the Facebook app does permit you to to post photos. I have done it several time. Unless it is a restriction with business accounts which you may be able to change in setting on their site.
Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express06-10-2012 11:42 PM
Scottcraft: I looked at Page Manager and it doesn't post photos either.
Pretty frustrating you can't do this.06-11-2012 06:05 AM
- I manage about 10 facebook pages for work, and not being able to do this from my Windows Phone has been a problem on a number of occasions. During events etc, when I'm out and about. We're sorely missing a Hootsuite app for this platform.
I have previously found "Seesmic Ping" which seems to be the only app that can put photos and posts on FB Page walls. However, a recent update seems to have borked the log-in process and they've also apparently stopped supporting pages.
Facebook's apps for other platforms allow you to update pages too, I hope they sort this properly for WP at some point. We're still missing a lot of features compared to iOS and Android.08-12-2012 11:18 AM
I've just checked on the official FB WP app and you can post statuses as your "Page", and check in to places (which is a bit redundant if your business isn't a person or travelling business!) but you can't add a photo. I hope this comes in the next update.08-12-2012 11:37 AM
- I found a way to post photos to facebook.
Under the "Settings" icon > Manage Page > Mobile
Listed as the first option is a custom email you can send your photos to on Facebook. I just tested and and it works. Definitely more cumbersome than a dashboard app but you can post pictures to your business' page with relative ease. I have posted a suggestion for Social Media Management Applications in the WP forums. Best of luck.01-03-2013 02:07 PM
- I found another way, at least with the UC Browser: when on a page, tap the three dots, then swipe from General to Settings, and at the bottom of the list you can toggle between Visit as Phone and Visit as PC; in the latter setting, you can post pics from m.facebook to a page.05-30-2013 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD