Imported contacts from gmail to hotmail have incorrect number formatting

slicksilver

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I've exported all my contacts from gmail(csv outlook format) to my hotmail contact but my number formats have gone all haywire. A number like +919001022334 shows up as 9.19001E+11 in my hotmail contacts now.

How do I fix this problem?

Also how do you delete all your windows contacts or hotmail contacts at once?

Thanks

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
follow these steps:
Go to your Gmail inbox and click on contacts,
to the right corner you'll find export button click on it,
then answer this question, Who do you want to export?
by clicking on everyone,
and answer this question Which export format?
bye clicking on Outlook CSV format,
after that click on export, then you'll be prompted to save a file save it.

Now, go to your hotmail inbox and click on contact list,
after that click on manage you'll find it on the top of the contact list,
then, click on import,
Select the service you're importing contacts from as Gmail (using Outlook CSV format).
then brows for the file you've just saved from Gmail and choose it,
Now click on import contacts,
and the contacts will be added to your hotmail contact list,
you can remove duplicated contacts, too by clicking on that option.

Log on to your Hotmail account and click the "Contacts" button located below your email folders.

deleting contacts;
Locate the contact that you want to delete and click the name to launch the profile. The profile will load in the right pane.

Click the "Delete" button. Click "Yes" when you see the "Are you sure you want to delete the selected contact(s)?" confirmation message. You can also delete multiple contacts by pressing "Ctrl" and clicking each contact that you want to delete. When you finish making your selection, click "Delete" to remove the contacts.

slicksilver

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
follow these steps:
Go to your Gmail inbox and click on contacts,
to the right corner you'll find export button click on it,
then answer this question, Who do you want to export?
by clicking on everyone,
and answer this question Which export format?
bye clicking on Outlook CSV format,
after that click on export, then you'll be prompted to save a file save it.

Now, go to your hotmail inbox and click on contact list,
after that click on manage you'll find it on the top of the contact list,
then, click on import,
Select the service you're importing contacts from as Gmail (using Outlook CSV format).
then brows for the file you've just saved from Gmail and choose it,
Now click on import contacts,
and the contacts will be added to your hotmail contact list,
you can remove duplicated contacts, too by clicking on that option.

This is what I did. My problem is not importing the contacts. Its about how the numbers formatting show up after importing.

slicksilver

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Log on to your Hotmail account and click the "Contacts" button located below your email folders.

deleting contacts;
Locate the contact that you want to delete and click the name to launch the profile. The profile will load in the right pane.

Click the "Delete" button. Click "Yes" when you see the "Are you sure you want to delete the selected contact(s)?" confirmation message. You can also delete multiple contacts by pressing "Ctrl" and clicking each contact that you want to delete. When you finish making your selection, click "Delete" to remove the contacts.

Deleting one contact or two or more contacts is not the problem here. Deleting all 1000 contacts at once is what I want to know. I can delete contacts 25/50 at once but am unable to delete all contacts at once.

Thanks for trying to help

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
not sure why they are importing incorrectly... did you try it again, maybe you created a bad csv file? or try it on a different pc, that might help...

as far as deleting all th contacts... highlight the one you want to delete , then hit "ctrl + a" that will highlight all of the ones visibile. then right click and delete. thats the quickest way to delete them all, may take a minute if you have 1000 contacts... why the he11 do you have so many contacts, lol

slicksilver

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Got it to import correctly through outlook. I setup the dialling rules for my region my windows pc ensured all my outlook contacts were deleted. Then I exported the csv from hotmail and imported it to outlook. Numbers and the + prefix imported correctly. Now I again exported this and imported it onto hotmail and voila!...all is well.

Sucks you cant delete more than 25 contacts at a time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon