Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Just curious -

Has anyone owned a few different WP7 devices (other than Daniel Rubino, who probably owns every WP7 device ever made) ?

I've owned a Focus and currently own a Focus S and have had a few weeks with a Focus Flash.

People say the core experience of Windows Phone is the same across all devices, and that is true to a degree, but just like anything in life - there's higher quality devices and you tend to get what you pay for.

If you've stuck with one brand, like I have, is there any other brand you want to try? Personally I'd like to use a Dell Venue Pro, a Lumia 900, and an HTC Titan 2 for a while just to compare.
    speedtouch likes this.

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts
    So far just the HTC HD7 and Nokia Lumia 710. I would agree the core experience is the same across both devices. But the Lumia 710 gets it done quite a bit faster. :)
    Lumia 635
    cedarlog likes this.

Just the Nokia Lumia 800.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Focus, HD7s, Focus Flash(20 days), Focus S(28 days), Titan, Titan II, and Lumia 900.

Yes, my name is Bill and I'm an addict. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billfraley View Post
    Focus, HD7s, Focus Flash(20 days), Focus S(28 days), Titan, Titan II, and Lumia 900.

Yes, my name is Bill and I'm an addict. Lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Which was your favorite? And why?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkevbosky View Post
    Just curious -

Has anyone owned a few different WP7 devices (other than Daniel Rubino, who probably owns every WP7 device ever made) ?

I've owned a Focus and currently own a Focus S and have had a few weeks with a Focus Flash.

People say the core experience of Windows Phone is the same across all devices, and that is true to a degree, but just like anything in life - there's higher quality devices and you tend to get what you pay for.

If you've stuck with one brand, like I have, is there any other brand you want to try? Personally I'd like to use a Dell Venue Pro, a Lumia 900, and an HTC Titan 2 for a while just to compare.
    At the windows phone inner circle party, I used a Titan, A focus Flash(which was what the rep used to showcase the OS to us) and a Focus S(which is what I own along with my wife). My Mother owns a Trophy which I have used extensively to set up for her, updates, take pics, test apps, etc and The Nokia 710 from Tmobile which is what my sis in law has. I agree, the core experience is exactly the same and I enjoy using both devices alot and would be more than happy to own them. The HTC trophy after its latest firmware updates/8107 made it sing a lot better IMO but my focus s still seems to edge both of them out in performace and network speeds. And since its my phone, its obviously my favorite ;)

I really liked the Titan and I had thought about getting it personally, but at the last minute, I just didnt think the size of it would suit my needs so I went with the Focus S. I havent looked back...

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    So far just the HD7 and Lumia 710. Though my neighbor has a Focus S.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Still have the three under my name. Only the Titan and the 900 are still in use.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Lets see I have owned... Arrive... HD7S... Samsung Focus S... Titan... DVP... Lumia 800... Focus S again... Lumia 900... Titan II.

I had the Arrive then switched to ATT and got the HD7S traded it 2 weeks later for the Focus S on launch day. Then I bought the Titan a couple of weeks after it came out. I sold the first Focus S because the wife wasn't at all happy when I paid full price for the Titan. I got the DVP because my Boss was pissed about all the call quality issue with the Titan and bought me the DVP. I traded the Titan for the L800 (this is a nice device). I sold the DVP when I found a great deal for a Focus S on Crag's list. I bought the L900 on launch day because I am just that sick. I got my wife to switch to ATT so I got the subsidized $100 deal but after 2 defective L900 I decided I just couldn't take the chance. I swapped my L900 on my 30th day for the Titan 2. I will wait till version 2 comes out before getting another Nokia Windows Phone. At this point about what 3 week in with the T2 I think for my needs this is the best device. I still have a Focus S around its a great device as well.

This is of course MHO

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Focus S and now a Lumia 900. In terms of hardware I actually like the Focus S better but I feel I get a much better user experience with the L900.
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Focus Flash - twice - first one I sent in for repair after bricking it, Samsung replaced the board itself, so I am now on my second one has it has a different internal id. Does that count..:lol:
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    I owned a HTC Mozart before getting a Lumia 800 and now I have a Lumia 900. Missus has the Mozart but is going to take the Lumia 800 soon.
    cedarlog likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Titan 2 and Lumia 900

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    First was an HTC Trophy in April of this year (VZ's only WinPhone) which really isn't a bad device but an update and/or newer Windows 7.5 phones (c'mon VZ) would be nice.

Switched to AT&T in Mid-May and got a Focus S (nice screen but just didn't care for or enjoy the feeling in my hand. Seemed too big and also fragile.) Kept only a week /

Got a White Nokia Lumia 900 3 1/2 weeks ago (Love, LOVE, love it!) ... only concern is while the large 4.3" size is great for reading and scrolling the web... it sometimes just feels a tad too big as well in my pocket and in my hand.

Have a Cyan Lumia 800 on order than should arrive next week. If the usability is like the 900 and the smaller 3.7" size feels right in my hand/pocket without giving up too much screen real estate - that could be my dream device! ;)

/BD
    Last edited by bikedogrun; 06-12-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    cedarlog likes this.

Had a Focus. Now mainly use a Titan.

In many areas I liked the Focus better. But that Titan 4.7" screen makes it too hard to go back.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    are you rrrrrrrrready? ok here it goes...

this is just the last 2 years btw...

htc incredible> droid x> samsung fascinate> droid x> samsung fascinate> htc hd7> samsung nexus s 4g> iphone 4> htc trophy> droid bionic> htc trophy> droid razr> htc trophy.... waiting on a 4g windows phone on verizon...

something keeps me coming back to the trophy, even with its low end specs, lack of 4g, and the fact verizon only gives me 2gb a data...
    WP Central - Super Member
    Xbox Live GamerTag - Bear lx

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkevbosky View Post
    Which was your favorite? And why?
    Honestly, I liked the Titan the most. However, I like having the LTE speeds so the Titan II and Lumia also rank up there pretty high.

BTW, I picked up another Lumia after going through three of them and switching to the Titan II. My Titan II WiFi just quit working (hardware failure) so I picked up another Lumia with another upgrade I had available. I had the intention of giving the Lumia to another user on my account, once I received the warranty replacement Titan II. As it turns out, I finally received a Lumia with no issues. At this point, I think I may keep the Lumia just because I like the Cyan color so much.

Global Posts
    2,774 Global Posts
    I've had a couple myself.
    (1) Quantum (If it had a 4" screen it'd be perfect). Gone.
    (2) DVP (Camera absolutely blows + no wi-fi ICS). Wife also has one. Best Keyboard.
    (3) Focus (Easiest to unlock but hated the lock button location). Gone.
    (4) Omnia7 (Same as Focus but nicer materials). Gone.

(5*) An Apollo with physical keyboard and 4" screen. *wishlist

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Lumia 900. First windows phone. Liking it so far buy I still switch back and forth between it and my Xperia S android phone.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Two. Surround purchased on launch day. And L900, picked up on pre-launch day. Surround has now been delegated as my new backup. My last Tilt2 (I had 3), my old backup, shipped out today to a happy eBay customer.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I will see your Windows Phones, and raise you a Pocket PC and two Windows Mobiles

Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020
    HeyCori, cckgz4 and cedarlog like this.

Global Posts
    2,803 Global Posts
    I owned the HD7 and Nokia Lumia 900 and my boyfriend owned the OG Focus. The HD7 pictures look washed out in low light settings in comparison to my Nokia, but they were brighter on auto settings. The hardware on my HD7 though started to become loose like my camera button and USB port, haven't had that problem with the Nokia yet. The Focus had an awesome screen in comparison to the HD7, but I didn't really play with it to make comparisons. And while the HD7 and the Nokia have the same screen size, it doesn't feel like I'm carrying a brick around with the Nokia
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

HTC Arrive and HTC Titan. Wife has a white 900. The Arrive had a great keyboard and felt good in the hand. If I could take the looks, feel, screen, and LTE speed of the 900 and and the Titan screen size, camera, and attentive phone it would be a great mix.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Just the Lumia 800 :D

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

HTC Touch Pro (1st smartphone), then Samsung Omnia 7 (got rid of after 1 year due to bad operator in Australia - Optus), HTC Titan (had to buy from Mobicity as no Gen 2 devices on Telstra) then now HTC Titan 4G (Titan II) - original Titan went to my wife, she wanted to get rid of Iphone 4 for a WP7 :)
    cedarlog likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast