facebook People Hub/facebook app

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone, I am getting this error 80072f7d when I try to sync my Facebook to my windows phone. It was working just an hour ago. When I go into email and settings it says facebook is not up to date.

I Log in on my PC, and I am able to log in just fine. When I went to the facebook app on my Windows Phone it says i can't load anything.

I decided to delete the account from my (via windows phone) and re-do it.

Anybody else having any issues.

I even went to change my password on my facebook and windows live. Windows Live, gmail is working, same thing as IE. I works over 4g and Wifi.

I have a Titan 2.

EDIT: I should have waited...damn me..haha, I reset my phone...

Last edited:

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup, having issues as well. I can't use the app or the hub, but the browser to m.facebook.com works fine, as it does on my laptop and tablet. I don't have another phone to test, but I can confirm it happened to me about 3 hours ago - nothing works, and I've reset my password on FB as well.

That error code indicates an schannel error, so perhaps the certificates used between the phone and FB have expired or are no longer valid somehow.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, me too. I even reset my phone then did a restore. Nothing fixed it.
I have a sneaky feeling it's an API change that has blocked out WP for the moment. Give them a bit of time to see the issue and get it corrected. Probably an update or a tweak on Facebook's end and we will be back up.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That was what gave me the indication it had nothing to do with my phone (as it can hit the FB site in IE no problem). The app and the People hub would be using the FB APIs, which would be different than just logging on with forms-based auth from a browser. I checked Bing (which uses FB data if you allow it to) and it does connect, work, and show data in searches, so the problem is probably very specific on the facebook side. I don't have an Android or iOS device at the moment, but if someone could test that, it would give us an indication if it's just the WP platform, or a more broad mobile issue. Again, it's an schannel (security certificate) error message, so it will probably be as broad or as narrow a scope as the cert (or certs) is/are used for :).

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Reinstaller doesn't work, I highly suggest you guys wait on hard reset. This is one feature windows phone needs to bring is a full backup.

CaliforniaDrew

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be WP only

...I don't have an Android or iOS device at the moment, but if someone could test that, it would give us an indication if it's just the WP platform, or a more broad mobile issue...

WP FB (hub and app) down for me too, iOS is fine. So it looks like a WP issue!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
My wife just let me know that her Focus Flash is working fine on both the App and the Hub... Strange things a foot in WP land!

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My wife just let me know that her Focus Flash is working fine on both the App and the Hub... Strange things a foot in WP land!
I'm not even sure how to report this - the Facebook community support hub appears useless. I don't think it's a Microsoft issue, although I suppose I'd get farther starting there anyway...

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 900 was doing the same thing. Deleted account, restarted phone, added facebook again and linked it to my live account. Works better than it did before I started having the problem earlier today. Works fine now.

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Doing it again. Say the same thing again "Can't get feeds. We're having trouble getting your feeds right now. Try again later." This has just started tonight. Thought I had it fixed. But............Guess will just have to wait. Just got the phone over the weekend. I really like it, I just hope it doesn't make me start wanting to use my Blackberry again.

woodie7711

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it's on the Windows Live side. Perhaps the relationship between Facebook and Windows Live changed. You gotta change your permissions with Windows Live then reboot phone and I got both working again.

woodie7711

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Doing it again. Say the same thing again "Can't get feeds. We're having trouble getting your feeds right now. Try again later." This has just started tonight. Thought I had it fixed. But............Guess will just have to wait. Just got the phone over the weekend. I really like it, I just hope it doesn't make me start wanting to use my Blackberry again.
I've had 3 Windows Phones so far and I too have a Lumia. Never saw this before in two years.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't freak out people. It's fb, not your phone. Stop deleting and reloading. It'll all be ok, eventually.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Having this issue as well, at first I thought it was a problem with my internet connection since I'm throttled for the week but that seems not to be the case. Ironically Facebook chat is still working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb