Resistive Touch Screen

grigby

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Could you guys give me some ideas on the latest windows phone released that has Resistive Touch Screen ?
I have been trying to find an update from the HTC Touch Pro2 that im currently using but can only find Capacitive Touch Screen Phones.

Before anyone asks im looking for a Resistive Touch Screen because the phone is also used to capture customers signatures with a stylus. (i have tried this on a Capacitive screen with a compatible stylus and it dosnt work correctly, the Phone was the HTC HD7 )

any ideas will be welcome look forward to your suggestions :)

the phone has to have windows 6.5 or higher OS

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There's a reason why phones are no longer released with resistive touch screens. In fact after I first experienced the capacitive screen of my arrive which is now sold I couldn't understand how I was able to put up with a resistive screen

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
It's impossible to find resistive touchscreens on any phones anymore. I agree that capacitative displays are hyped and we could use a few resistive displays here and there.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Could you guys give me some ideas on the latest windows phone released that has Resistive Touch Screen ?
I have been trying to find an update from the HTC Touch Pro2 that im currently using but can only find Capacitive Touch Screen Phones.

Before anyone asks im looking for a Resistive Touch Screen because the phone is also used to capture customers signatures with a stylus. (i have tried this on a Capacitive screen with a compatible stylus and it dosnt work correctly, the Phone was the HTC HD7 )

any ideas will be welcome look forward to your suggestions :)

the phone has to have windows 6.5 or higher OS
Do you absolutely have to carry just one device? The reason I ask is because there are quite a few Wacom-based tablets on Amazon and especially eBay that are really great for ink duties. I'm not talking about cheap Chinese WinCE tablets, I mean older XP-based tablets. Just a thought, I don't know what your needs are.

grigby

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you absolutely have to carry just one device? The reason I ask is because there are quite a few Wacom-based tablets on Amazon and especially eBay that are really great for ink duties. I'm not talking about cheap Chinese WinCE tablets, I mean older XP-based tablets. Just a thought, I don't know what your needs are.
Hi All

Thanks for the replies, i do a lot of traveling so keeping the devices to a minimum is essential. at the moment i carry around.
1 x Personal Phone (Android)
1 x Laptop
1 x HTC Touch Pro2 (Windows 6.5)
1 x Tool bag

The type of phone im looking for dosnt have to be the newest model it just has to be newer / Higher spec than the HTC Touch Pro 2

Any ideas ?

grigby

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all who have replied .. but honestly no one has any ideas on what phone with resistive touch screen that will be better than the HTC Touch Pro 2..

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Well there's the LG ExPO ,it has a 1ghz snapdragon processor,resistive screen but smaller than the TP2. Otherwise there are no higher specced phones with resistive screens past the TP2. I suggest you download a program called WiMoSpeed and use that to overclock the processor to close to 1ghz

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There is only one phone that can run Windows Phone with resistive touchscreen, its the Toshiba TG01, the next WM phone would be the HD2 with capacitive touch.

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Well there's the LG ExPO ,it has a 1ghz snapdragon processor,resistive screen but smaller than the TP2. Otherwise there are no higher specced phones with resistive screens past the TP2. I suggest you download a program called WiMoSpeed and use that to overclock the processor to close to 1ghz
You won't get a TP2 to 1Ghz, it's 524Mhz stock!! 1Ghz would be double - I doubt your HD7 would run at "close to" 2Ghz lol!! Mine is unstable at anything over 741Mhz.

Use Overclock Tool to overclock it (sometimes referred to as OCT). Available on XDA-developers. A stock ROM running 6.1 without TouchFlo/Sense disabled, but the SPB Home Shell installed is best for performance. Unless you go can get ahold of a Jackos ROM, but their efficient ROM's were "removed" from XDA-devs when they stopped supporting them, unfortunately.

Overclocking the CPU generally results in better battery life for most users, as the CPU spends less time doing things.

All said and done though, the TP2 will never match the performance of a WP7 device.

;)

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Not like for like, two different CPU's. Stock speed being similar, does not indicate th CPU's overclockability (****, you kidding that a the Tualatin 1.4Ghz in my HP system would overclock as well as a 1.4Ghz Athlon - no way, the Tully was already pushing the P3 tech to it's thermal limitations as it was!!).

If you look over at XDA-devs, the speeds most users are getting to are late 600's and early-mid 700's. I don't actually recall anyone who has even broken through the 800 barrier, without it crashing pretty much instantly.

They have limits, and we can simply respect them, the CPU's are not built for 1Ghz, and aside from the odd freak-device, I still doubt any would get anywhere near 1Ghz.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I always hoped against hope that someone at XDA would port WP7 over to the eXpo. I think I may be the last person on earth rockin' that phone. (For one more week anyway)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans