Using Windows Phone to recover from Hard Drive crash

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
The hard drive on my laptop crashed with no backup. OK, I've learned my lesson.

Fortunately my windows phone has all of my pictures on it. I just need a way to get those pictures somewhere else. I know they've been reduced to a lower resolution but that's better than nothing.

Can anyone help me with how I would get all of the pictures off of my phone? I haven't synced it because I'm scared that it will wipe the phone out.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Upload them to Skydrive using Skydrive app from Marketplace (compared to built in Skydrive uploader, which might reduce your pics further). You can then download your pics from Skydrive.com to any PC or internet enabled device.

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Upload them to Skydrive using Skydrive app from Marketplace (compared to built in Skydrive uploader, which might reduce your pics further). You can then download your pics from Skydrive.com to any PC or internet enabled device.
That works, but there are hundreds of pictures so at 10 seconds each it will take quite a while. Is there not a mass upload to sky drive solution you know of? Or something else?

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
If you install Zune on a different machine can you copy them over?
I installed Zune and set up a sync relationship with the phone. Unfortunately, it just copied over the pictures from the Camera Roll. It also had a "Saved Pictures" folder inside of that which only had one picture in it.

mhedgpeth

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I plugged the phone in and was able to go to the device inside of Zune and select "copy to my collection" and all the pictures were copied. I was able to do the same with my music. I'm relieved to have this step behind me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism