Mail: Active Sync Issue: Error 80072F06

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

before i post my problem: i found this thread here (and A LOT of others on the web) regarding my issue but the answer was kind of confusing for me:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/179008.htm
(what a suitable title for my situation)

i decided to post it again and maybe get a clear answer from you guys:

I want to add a simple E-Mail account to my Windows Phone 7 (Lumia 900).
The Mail-Server is from a client of mine - i have no access to it.
I'm dealing with this ridiculous problem for over 2 days now and what i think i know now is this:

i successfully installed the certificate on my lumia but apparently, the certificate is issued for

server1.domain.de

while the active sync server is

msync.domain.de

I think this is the main issue. My problem is, i cant reissue the certificate. Is there any way to get this mail account to work on my lumia by just working on the client side?
I got the root CA certificate from the admins and installed them allready.

##### Just some rage against this problem:
Why on earth (i seriously can't describe how much uncomprehension(?) i have for this problem) isn't it possible on wp7 to just "accept certificate anyway"?! Instead, wp discontinues the process and let users search for 2 days for a solution while iOS and Andriod setup of the same mail account took not more than 10 seconds.
I love wp7, i waited for the lumia coming to germany for months so i can get rid of my iPhone 4 - which i did two days ago.
This problem is driving me nuts and i can't get it in my head how this can still be an issue on such a grown plattform (i thought).

I did go trough a sh*t load of forum posts on the web, i postet on msft answers in german, english and on posts that allready existed. i installed like 20 certificates on my phone - before that, i didnt even now what a mmc-snag-in-something is... (apparently i still don't).

As one of the few windows-defender in my apple-coined environment/friend circle, i seriously feel very dissappointed by an issue like this. This is not something only an IT-guru would notice. This is a basic feature on a smartphone and wp can't do it - and even worse - average joe will not be able to solve it without some IT-guy helping him.
I got WP not even 48 hours now- even though i love a lot of it - and i generally think i upgraded from iOS - this e-mail setup is a basic, necessary feature for me and i can't use a OS which can't even do that.

i hope you guys can help me here as i really want to enjoy my new Lumia 900 and i'd feel very bad if i have to get the iPhone back out of the drawer...

Sumit

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
well... the certificate had been reissued to the correct adress and now its working fine.

I don't know if Microsoft Employees EVER read the Windows Answer Forums but **** if they "put people first" they should correct some of those issues.
This certificate one and disabling WiFi Disconnect while in sleep mode are some big ones but there are a lot more.

Come on MSFT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99