Some OS Questions

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,
I've been using WP since HTC HD7 came out, and now with my Lumia 900 :D, but there is a few things I am not able to figure out and I wonder if someone have some ideas:

1. People Hub Groups: can those be synced with my live hotmail groups?
2. People Hub Users account Linking: I did a reset on the phone onces, and i had to do the linking again, can this be synced to my live account as well?
3. Zune Play count: does this really work? does the count of songs I play on my phone updates to my zune account ? it was working fine when i had a zune player.
4. Wifi vs Data: when both are on, which one is really being used ?

Thanks in advanced

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
1-3 not sure because i dont use those functions personally. 4 is it uses wifi. anytime wifi is connected, it will not use data.

also since i see you are a fellow batman fan, you should check out the wiztiles app, there is a custom dark knight theme that is pretty sweet

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
1-3 not sure because i dont use those functions personally. 4 is it uses wifi. anytime wifi is connected, it will not use data.

also since i see you are a fellow batman fan, you should check out the wiztiles app, there is a custom dark knight theme that is pretty sweet

Thanks! I will try the wiztiles app for sure.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
For question 1, I really wish the live.com integration was more tight with the phone. The answer to your question is no. But I wish the following features worked.

1. Import Facebook account to Live.com, automatically sync with phone.
2. Link contacts on Live.com, automatically sync with phone.
3. Create group on Live.com, automatically sync with phone.

Etc. etc. Some stuff does sync but not the above. It could definetely be improved.

black_lion

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks,
I've been using WP since HTC HD7 came out, and now with my Lumia 900 :D, but there is a few things I am not able to figure out and I wonder if someone have some ideas:

2. People Hub Users account Linking: I did a reset on the phone onces, and i had to do the linking again, can this be synced to my live account as well?
3. Zune Play count: does this really work? does the count of songs I play on my phone updates to my zune account ? it was working fine when i had a zune player.

Thanks in advanced
For 3, yes, your play count does work as long as you have "Connect to Zune" selected in the Music + Videos options.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Thanks in advanced

1. Nope, this is a windows phone feature only.
2. Only if their account has their services linked to it, otherwise you'll have to link them manually.
3. Yes, the numbers only add up when you sync your phone to your PC.
4. This can be answered in two different scenarios: If charging/syncing, WiFi stays on and connected, and will be primarily used. If unplugged, WiFi turns off when phone is put to sleep, and mobile data is used. When waking the phone from standby, WiFi turns back on and connects, although right before it does that, mobile data will automatically sync making wifi redundant.

swapnildc

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
for your question: "Wifi vs Data: when both are on, which one is really being used ? "

the one you have currently activated is on used

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo