Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sinime

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The reviews are in, the pureview is crushing the competition, holds its own (and even exceeds in some aspects) against actual cameras

check it out:
    Shootout: Nokia 808 PureView vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 - Mobile Phones - CNET - CNET Asia
    Nokia 808 PureView Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Its an amazing phone, just held back by Symbian (although I genuinely like Symbian). Imagine pureview on WP8, it would crush the competition

It would be cool and still easier than carrying a separate camera. But I would honestly like to see a version that doesn't add so much bulk and look so ugly. And I hope they use machined aluminum or something similar instead of chrome so we can keep our mind off of scratches.
    Developer

Global Posts
    4,390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyresian View Post
    It would be cool and still easier than carrying a separate camera. But I would honestly like to see a version that doesn't add so much bulk and look so ugly. And I hope they use machined aluminum or something similar instead of chrome so we can keep our mind off of scratches.
    I guess I'm the only one who is tired of the boxy slab phones and likes the look, especially with the curved screen.
    JD Miles likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who is tired of the boxy slab phones and likes the look, especially with the curved screen.
    This. I would be fully content if Nokia threw the physical buttons from the 710 under the screen and replaced the SOC and OS and sold it as a mango device. I would buy the red one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    No, I am too. I originally thought the Pureview was ugly, but it has really grown on me. If they put WP8 on that thing, I would be at the store on launch day.
    "However, once the PureView Pro technology is brought to the Windows Phone platform, we would say the smartphone-OS big boys had better watch their backs."

Pretty much says it all. :D
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I am very interested in pureview too. Carrying that phone around would definitely get some WP attention.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    My girl is a photographer and would love a pureview camera. Could be a christmas gift it Nokia releases a pureview WP this year.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    @MobieChick posted this to facebook earlier on Friday (before the proverbial sheet hit the fan)
    Guess who got to take a peak at the ‪#WP‬ w/a 41MP camera at ‪#SXSW‬? :) ‪#PureView‬ ‪#MoreMobie‬ ‪#Nokia‬ pic.twitter.com/cWhtrLzI

That ain't your standard Pureview.
    Regards,
    Joel Rushworth
    Victoria, B.C.

Nokia 6188 - AudioVox PPC6600 - HTC 8125 - Lg eXpo GW820 - Lumia 710 - Lumia 920 - Lumia 1020
    Quote Originally Posted by gwydionjhr View Post
    @MobieChick posted this to facebook earlier on Friday (before the proverbial sheet hit the fan)

Click to view quoted image

That ain't your standard Pureview.
    Man, I hope that's legit. If they release it in red I'm on it. ****, they could release it in polycarbonate puke green and it'd still be my next phone!

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    I'm even more excited by the "Rich Recording" technology that comes with it. Just... WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    I'm even more excited by the "Rich Recording" technology that comes with it. Just... WOW!

Ok that video seriously gave me goose bumps...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post

Awesome! I can't wait for that to come to WP! Add a pureview camera and Rich Recording to WP7.5 and I'll buy it with no other changes!