Zune not recognizing free space on phone after formatting PC

chandu9013

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
As the header suggests,I had to format my PC due to some issues.So i installed zune freshly and once i connect my phone(Omnia W),the storage composition shows up wrongly..All my occupied space shows up as "Reserved space and other contents"..Any music/photos/videos i add there after are showing up seperately under the respective categories,But my old stuff is still being ignored under "reserved space and other contents"..although it is not a big issue,its very annoying nevertheless...any help to set this straight is appreciated..I have added a screenshot just in case

Thanks in advance :)..And sorry if i duplicated the thread.In such a case MODS feel free to delete this and plz redirect me to the similar post

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
What greensea said.

Every time you use a different computer to sync your phone, Zune just adds up reserved space and basically screws it all up. There's another thread about a related problem here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/179510.htm. Lots of great info.

As you had to reformat your PC, your phone is most probably treating it like a different computer.

I had some problems with how contents were showing after syncing both under Win7 and Win8. I went into settings, erased data (which is music, pics and videos - make sure you backup all that) and "forgot the phones" under both OSes then re-synced and retrieved my backed up data= as good as new!

chandu9013

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well re-syncing is what i wanted to avoid..If that's the only option,what can we do...Anyhow thanks for the help.appreciated..Thank You MS for killing Zune...It deserves to be :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786