Sim on the way, ready to take the dive

Menno

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

If you frequent the AC forums, specifically the Verizon sub-forum, you might see my name every once and awhile. With Verizon's recent plan changes, I decided that it was time to give other carriers a try and see if I could use one of them instead. My first stop is T-Mobile, in part because I have a HD7 sitting around that I can try the service with.

I'm a current Galaxy Nexus owner so I'm most familiar with Android, but I want to try using the HD7 exclusively for at least a month (provided I get Tmobile coverage). I started searching around for apps, but I'm having issues navigating the different store, so I decided to #lazyweb and ask here.

1. I need a good Google Voice client. This is my "primary" phone number, so I need something that works. I see a couple clients in the market right now, and I have GoVoice installed. Are there better ones I should look at? And, how do you dial out with Google voice on WindowsPhone?

2. What is a good Twitter client? Carbon looks interesting, and the people over on WebOS seem to love it. Any other recommendations?

3. The other app I use all the time on my Phone is Pocket. It seems there isn't a native client (hoping you get one soon though, it's awesome). But there are a couple of clients that link into their server.. I have Burn after Reading installed at the moment, but it seems a little slow, is there another service I should be looking at?

And I guess just general apps I should be looking for. I'm not afraid to spend a little money if the app is worth it. I don't game a lot on my phone, so I don't think I'll be downloading many games, but what other types of apps should I keep an eye out for?

If anyone takes the time to read this, thank you. if anyone actually responds, doubly thank you.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear MetroTalk is the best, but I personally don't use anything Google, so I wouldn't know.

I use Carbon and wouldn't change it for anything... save an app called Rowi. Probably the highest rated Twitter app out there. Mehdoh is good too, plus it's free.

Unfamiliar with any of that stuff! Here's a couple can't live without apps I have:

WeatherFlow
TuneIn Radio
SoundHound
Gas Up
handyscan
Network Dashboard
TVShow
WPCentral

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Metrotalk is great. I use google voice for work a lot and this is the app I ended up deciding on after trying a few. Just make sure you go through the steps to do the push notifications and ou are good to go.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as twitter I use twabbit and mehdoh. Both are nice, but mehdoh is free if that matters. As was posted earlier, I use handyscan. Network dashboard is nice for quick access to wifi and bluetooth toggling. WPcentral is used everyday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3