Ars says WP8 is one more nail into RIM

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it isn't curtains for BlackBerry, I do still have one of their devices that I'm getting repaired. Pretty solid devices if you ask me. Let's hope RIM can turn it around.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I try to stay away from these sorts of articles. It's like looking into a crystal ball really. They always see doom and gloom (I am sure WP has been on the end of it as well from its's competitors). I have a feeling that RIM will be around for a while yet.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
A developer just replied in the stickied topic (that's FILLED with disappointment) about how easy it is for developers to compile apps for BOTH 7.8 and 8. No you may not get Skype integration and no your HTC phone may not get Nokia Maps and navigation, but again there's possibility. The developer ALSO said when creating for Android, they start from Gingerbread because of the bigger userbase and THEN move it over to ICS and Tablet production. Please know that all hope is not lost and please keep that in mind before making repetitive topics about you ASSUME will happen, thus bringing down the whole WPCentral experience for EVERYONE.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I try to stay away from these sorts of articles. It's like looking into a crystal ball really. They always see doom and gloom (I am sure WP has been on the end of it as well from its's competitors). I have a feeling that RIM will be around for a while yet.
As long as RIM is the only game in town with FIPS certification, it will be around. If anything, until they fulfill their government contracts.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i have allot of Friends that are BB ( RIM ) Fans. and allot of people are gona wait for BB10...

depending how good/BAD BB10 is gona be. I think we wont know till it actually comes out if RIM can dig them self out or deeper into the hole they are in.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
RIM is a company that needs to go. Their model of mediocracy is dying. Microsoft has grown tired of OEM's putting out junk and so has the consumer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte