Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Elop said that Nokia is not getting the traction they prefer. Well, I think the biggest hurdle to Nokia succes is Nokia themselves. And now it's very disappointing to read that Nokia won't have a high-end WP8 device until the holidays.

Elop, do you know how you would get traction? It's very easy!

Take the Nokia 808 PureView, upgrade the processor and memory, install WP8, and launch it asap on all carriers for $199 on contract or $499 sans contract.

Anyone disagrees?

Global Posts
    2,997 Global Posts
    Wasnt aware that WP8 was released yet....:dry

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Wasnt aware that WP8 was released yet....:dry
    With "asap", I meant as soon as WP8 is released.

(asap = as soon as possible, obviously not possible until WP8 is released) ;-)

Global Posts
    2,997 Global Posts
    So whats the point of the post, isnt that what they probably intend to do anyway?

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    It's a long time, and probably an iPhone launch, between Sept/Oct and the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddori View Post
    Elop said that Nokia is not getting the traction they prefer. Well, I think the biggest hurdle to Nokia succes is Nokia themselves. And now it's very disappointing to read that Nokia won't have a high-end WP8 device until the holidays.
    So? They will have one when WP8 launches, just like everyone else. It's not like HTC will have one at the non-existing launch in August and Nokia will wait 4 months. How are they supposed to release a phone earlier when WP8 doesn't come out earlier?

Elop, do you know how you would get traction? It's very easy!

Take the Nokia 808 PureView, upgrade the processor and memory, install WP8, and launch it asap on all carriers for $199 on contract or $499 sans contract.

Anyone disagrees?
    I do. The 808 wouldn't sell well enough to be the flagship, it's too fat and "unsexy", no one would buy it other than enthusiasts who want the camera. I think it looks good for what it is, but it doesn't look as mass-market appealing as other phones, since it is obviously a specialized camera phone. No way would they sell tens and hundreds of millions of it, the number of people who would trade off thinness for the camera bulge is not high enough, they would settle with an okay 8mpx BSI camera.

Adding more CPU and memory to Pureview = higher cost.

To gain traction WP needs to be on a even playing field with other ecosystems.

Carrier stores need a section entirely for Windows.

Can't get traction without recognition.

I like your idea though ;)

Regards,

Based_Graham@twitter