My Outlook is not able to reply nor forward emails

sinister1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I all of a sudden for no reason can not reply nor forward emails at all. It was working fine a few days ago but not anymore, I tried restarting the phone and nothing. I remember this being an issue on 7720 with 7740 being the fix but I am on tango 8773, WT? Help!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
try resyncing your email... by going into settings> accounts> then select the acct youre having issues with. then manual sync, and manually resync. hope that helps

sinister1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
try resyncing your email... by going into settings> accounts> then select the acct youre having issues with. then manual sync, and manually resync. hope that helps
Thanks Bear, I've tried that and a restart and I've actually deleted my account and reinstalled it. nothing working so far. : (

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
i wish i had more help, although im not really sure whats causing it. someone will chime in with more experience with outlook, in the meantime keep searching. try "bing"ing your issue, maybe there is a forum created for this already...

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It might be on the server side.

I had problems with Exchange 2007 before

I had to reply all my permissions on my AD account

After that Exchange worked like a charm

This was when Mango came out not sure if its still taking place now

Regards,

Based_Graham@twitter

Nevermind... Looks like your phone is dev unlocked.. Sorry I don't have an answer

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I all of a sudden for no reason can not reply nor forward emails at all. It was working fine a few days ago but not anymore, I tried restarting the phone and nothing. I remember this being an issue on 7720 with 7740 being the fix but I am on tango 8773, WT? Help!
I see you have some custom/tweaked color themes. I also had this exact issue when I played with the colors. I think that I didn't change everything that needed to be changed and it screwed something up. It went away when I switched back to the stock colors. Try that and see what happens.

Edit: looks like I posted about this a long time ago. At the time I thought it was a bug with the Mango beta, but actually they had just changed something in Mango so I couldn't reply to emails when using my custom theme. It worked fine back on Nodo. It's a shame, I really liked my black tiles on light background theme. But I can't use it anymore because of this.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/1562441-post2.htm

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
:) Yes! the custom color was the issue. Thanks thed you are the best.
You're welcome! I remember that this issue really drove me crazy, so I'm glad I could help someone else. Who would've thought that the theme color could affect something like this and nothing else?

sinister1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just found out that it's actuall the Black Theme color, the FF000000, if you change it to a dirffrent shade of black other than FF000000 it works fine.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure about this? I have a dark blue color that has this same problem.

Edit: Actually, on second thought I think you're right. My phone has an OEM color called Verizon. I replaced the light theme version of the color with black, and replaced the dark themed version of that color with blue.

It looks like even when I'm using the blue on dark theme, the email client is using the black on light version, since the email client always uses the light theme. So that makes sense. Cool, I just wish my phone was still interop unlocked so I can make changes.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire