Any issues with a lot of apps or little storage left?

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues with my Nokia Lumia and AT&T tech support says I have too many apps installed (400) and too little storage left (1.2 GB). Is there any truth to this? My old WP, LG Quantum, was loaded similarly with no issues.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
well , 1.2G free space is ALLOT... but having next to no room left will and can cause issues.

I keep getting the msgs * memory almost full* or something like that and my phone started freezing , had to do resets and some apps just randomly crashed.

similar situation can happen on your PC as well. it depends what your actual problem is. if its anything I mention maybe..

if its reception or your wifi or something then, NO its not possible, memory doesn't effect reception . lol

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
well , 1.2G free space is ALLOT... but having next to no room left will and can cause issues.

I keep getting the msgs * memory almost full* or something like that and my phone started freezing , had to do resets and some apps just randomly crashed.

similar situation can happen on your PC as well. it depends what your actual problem is. if its anything I mention maybe..

if its reception or your wifi or something then, NO its not possible, memory doesn't effect reception . lol
I have never had a "memory almost full" warning and it's just once in a while it freezes on me. Pretty much at random. Sometimes it runs fine for almost 2 weeks then others it freezes right after a reboot. :-/ I did contact Nokia and was told there is no "too many apps". What's really sad is a tech and her manager I talked to at AT&T on Sunday BOTH insisted that you CAN NOT have more than 15-20 apps installed on WP without having problems. They said INSTALLED for sure, BTW. I made a point to make sure they meant installed and not running in the background. Which they should know background tasks are now limited to 9. Ugh.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have over 400 apps that I have purchased. I had a ton on my HD7 before I upgraded to the lumia 900 then to the Titan 2. I have not reinstalled and maybe have 100-200 apps at the most....

1.2 gigs is still a lot of memory left. You should contact Nokia Support, not at&t.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a combine of over 400Apps/games my self . ROLF .. I like to try ti all.

I only got this Problem when it started seeing *memory almost full*

Regarding the TECH saying you cant have more then 25apps is just PURE Ignorant ...
WP doesn't actually apply the alphabetic Order thing until you hit 40+ apps... so why would they not support more then 25... when features dont kick in till 40+ apps..

FAIL TECH SUPPORT!!! id go exchange your phone..

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If you are having that many apps chances are it's one of them that messes up the phone a little bit. Hard to tell though.

The only app that has given me a "memory almost full" message is the "UC Browser". And I have about 40 apps installed total. Not even enough so I get the alphabetical list in the appdrawer.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just upgraded the SD card in my Arrive and don't have any problems. I've got tons of apps, lots of PodCasts/videos and still have about 20gb left.

Just sayin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism