Do you think we will see more carriers carry WP8 phones

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
My contract will end in december but I will be eligible to an early phone switch, do you think that Windows Phone 8 is likely to be more adopted. Here in Canada some company (Bell) dropped the ball on WP and some other does not carry a single Windows Phone(my actual company does not!)

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about Canada but in the US, the two major providers, ATT and Verizon will apparently push WP8 like never before.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
AT&T and Verizon have both out and said they will be carrying WP8 devices, and T-Mobile has said they have been pleasently surprised by the success of the Windows Phone devices they carry now, so I don't see them backing off of it. If the other three are all carrying them, you can bet Sprint will. I am guessing AT&T will have 1 HTC device (the high end one, dubbed Titan something), 2 Samsung devices (Focus S2 and another low end Focus device), and 2 Nokia devices (Pureview and something more along the 800/900 end of things). Verizon will probably take between 1 and 3 (the best device that AT&T doesn't have exclusivity on) that they deem are the best and MAYBE 1 low end model (probably an HTC). T-Mobile will probably take a mid-low end Nokia and the middle or low (or both) of the leaked HTCs. Sprint will get a rebranded version of one of the Verizon devices.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
AT&T and Verizon have both out and said they will be carrying WP8 devices, and T-Mobile has said they have been pleasently surprised by the success of the Windows Phone devices they carry now, so I don't see them backing off of it. If the other three are all carrying them, you can bet Sprint will. I am guessing AT&T will have 1 HTC device (the high end one, dubbed Titan something), 2 Samsung devices (Focus S2 and another low end Focus device), and 2 Nokia devices (Pureview and something more along the 800/900 end of things). Verizon will probably take between 1 and 3 (the best device that AT&T doesn't have exclusivity on) that they deem are the best and MAYBE 1 low end model (probably an HTC). T-Mobile will probably take a mid-low end Nokia and the middle or low (or both) of the leaked HTCs. Sprint will get a rebranded version of one of the Verizon devices.

T-Mobile carries the highend HTC one series, so I imagine the get the high end WP8, but the quad core isn't supposed to be coming for a bit, dual cores first AKA mid-range

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Great news for US customers, I am still hoping Canada get more WP8 with more carriers (especially Virgin Mobile, love the company hate the mobile phone choice)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I definitely expect to see more Windows Phones this fall, especially since there will be no new BlackBerries.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros