Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkr10001

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Facebook e-mail mess: Address books altered; e-mail lost | Internet & Media - CNET News

iOS and Andriod people got their phones messed up, lost many contacts, etc
    but what about us? How does this effect us windows phone people?

I'm kindof worried, since we have the tightest integration

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Yeah we're affected too, its on facebooks end. Just checked mine and 95% of them are @facebook.com. Facebook shouldn't be doing this its like altering your privacy settings without notifying the user themselves. They should have put up a ticker or a notification that they would be doing this and have users control whether they want the new email or keep their current one.

Global Posts
    2,561 Global Posts
    None of mine were replaced with @facebook.com email adress, but a large number have had an @facebook.com option added. Adding it as an option I don't mind, I would hate what is happening on iOS and Android though. They are having email adresses replaced entirely with @facebook.com ones.
  4. mkr10001
    Quote Originally Posted by stevovr View Post
    i don't use facebook .this just confirms my reasons why.
    Right.....

anyway

If you already have their email address as a live contact you'll be OK. Just looked at mine and a lot have changed to @facebook.com

If their email address is that important to you, you shouldn't really be grabbing it from facebook....
    aubreyq likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Same thing happened on my Windows Phone. Doesn't seem to have affected everyone's account so I'm guessing some of my contacts went into their account settings and manually fixed Facebook's "mistake."

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    My Facebook only friends have their @facebook.com account and regular friends have their hotmail/yahoo/gmail account.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Ok, so Facebook hadn't lost all my emails, but on my timeline view, the cheeky little buggers decided to hide ALL my email addresses, and just show the new @facebook.com one. I've since hidden the email address, and reshown the other email addresses. Thanks for highlighting this to me. Because it's hidden from the Timeline, you can't see it, which makes you think it's been removed, and the Windows Phone behaves exactly the same way. I will highlight people to this.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."