Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    The app list indexing bug seems to be fixed now in Tango!

I had 44 apps, as soon as I installed 45th app - Indexing ON.

I uninstalled an app and - Indexing OFF.

If I remember right, once indexing was ON, there wasn't anyway to turn it back off even after uninstall, without a registry hack. I might just be making this up :s

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    The app list indexing bug seems to be fixed now in Tango!

I had 44 apps, as soon as I installed 45th app - Indexing ON.

I uninstalled an app and - Indexing OFF.

If I remember right, once indexing was ON, there wasn't anyway to turn it back off even after uninstall, without a registry hack. I might just be making this up :s
    I've noticed this too. It could be accomplished with a registry hack before but it works in a logical way now.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah remember someone suggesting me a reg key few months back.. but then this feature wasn't talked about anywhere. I wonder what other small things are patched in this update.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I hate that indexing thing.. :(

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy4823 View Post
    With nearly 200 apps, I couldn't survive without it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

To me it looks like the effect when you scroll to the end of a page (start screen/webpage) has changed. The squash seems more obvious now. Correct me if I'm wrong

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    I wish they hadn't "fixed" this. I LOVE the indexing, but now I have to leave apps installed that I don't actually want to stay over the 45. They should have just made it an option in the settings that was independent of app count.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy4823 View Post
    I love the index function, 1 extra tap to get to the letter you want rather than more swipes to move down that far. Might be nice though to have it as a function that could be disabled for those that really don't want it.

I forced the update on my HD7 and the app indexing is still there. I did a count and I only have 30 apps. I'd rather it was gone myself, or atleast have the option to turn it on and off.

I noticed my Samsung Focus S has a different color blue after tango update anyone else notice this? Also finally this morning on AT&T my phone asked for my voicemail password which enabled Visual Voice Mail. Did anyone else experience this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markyyy View Post
    To me it looks like the effect when you scroll to the end of a page (start screen/webpage) has changed. The squash seems more obvious now. Correct me if I'm wrong
    Ill agree as well, when I used to scroll to the bottom, it always "squashed" everything but now, its much smoother and keeps everything intact...nice.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Is there a list of all the major changes in tango?

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    I've got 85 apps some of them I got while they were free and I may use them later. Anyway I like the indexing thing its quite helpful. Right up there with groups with contacts and ask ziggy!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I wish they hadn't "fixed" this. I LOVE the indexing, but now I have to leave apps installed that I don't actually want to stay over the 45. They should have just made it an option in the settings that was independent of app count.
    This is a 'duh'. Where was MS' head on this one?

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey HD7 View Post
    I forced the update on my HD7 and the app indexing is still there. I did a count and I only have 30 apps. I'd rather it was gone myself, or atleast have the option to turn it on and off.
    same here, won't go away, I hate it

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    different strokes for different folks!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!