Zune music: list by track number

waynejk

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My music is all in the correct album order when you tap the album title. When I use the "songs" view, it's alphabetical. Are your songs tagged properly with their respective track numbers? My mp3 file names also all begin with 01, 02, 03, etc. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
it's all about the id3 tag data.

Using programs such as the Zune software, or something like I use, MediaMoneky, you can completely re-tag your entire collection easily.

Inside the Zune software, start small. One album at a time. If you highlight a single track, right click and select properties, it should tell you in the "TRACK #" field what track number it is. If that field is blank, then the software will default to the next sort-able field, which would be alphabetical.

Going through them all one track at a time, would be cumbersome, to say the least. Highlight the album, and let Zune find the information needed for the album. Then, the id3 tags should be properly filled in with track numbers and all sorts of other information.

But, me being hyper-organized when it comes to my mp3 collection... I start at the folder level.

I make sure that the root folder is the artist, and any sub-folder in the root, is labeled as such... (see picture attached)

And then, my music is named... "<track#:2> <song title>" (the tag of <track#:2> is to have a 2 digit track number at the beginning of the file name... 01 instead of 1)

Each of my mp3's are tagged as such.

If you're looking for a great piece of software to use to do a collection of 100, or 100,000 files, MediaMonkey is what I use, and recommend to ANYONE trying to hyper-organize their collection.

Good luck to you.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Just to expand on waynejk's contribution (and for the less compulsive among us):

First, Under Artists, Genres, and Albums listings, the album-cover images appear. Click on the tiles, and the by-track order and original track numbers appear. Double-clicking on any album image or the first track from any album will play the album in track order.

Second, the Album listing allows you to sort albums by several tags by clicking on the column heading. (BTW, the clicking and double-clicking works in all listings and sorts where album cover images appear.)

The above works for your plays by album.

Third, the Artist listing also allows playing each artist by album and track. Click an artist: the track listing on the right shows the number of tracks for the artist and allows sorting. Click on the heading to go through the three options; the by-album sort will allow you to double-click the artist to play all his/her/their tracks in both album (name) and track order.

Enjoy the music :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre