Can't Add Contacts to WP7

ElliotHolmes

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a look online for an answer to this little bug but I'm not having much luck so thought I'd ask here.

Basically the problem I've got is that my contacts list doesn't seem to update when I add new contacts. For example when you have entered all of the contact details, such as the name and phone number, and click the save icon the phone doesn't show the new contact at all.

I've also got contacts showing up which I've deleted but nothing opens when you click on the name in the list.

I think that it might be related to my Live Contacts as while I can view them in Hotmail I receive error messages when I try and delete or otherwise edit them.

So if anyone knows what I might be able to do to resolve this, or if there is a forum/faq someone can point me to which I've missed, that would be a great help.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I may be thinking of a totally different problem, but wasn't there some sort of Contacts issue when the phone reached its maximum number of contacts? Like 200 or something. Man, I read that on these forums several months ago. But it could have been unrelated to Contacts...I just don't remember. Hopefully someone will chime in with more information than me.

ElliotHolmes

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me. I guess this could be likely but I'm hoping it's not this as it seems a bit painful considering all the Facebook etc contacts you can add.

Well see if anyone else comes back with anything handy otherwise I'll dig through the forums for the post you mention.

Thanks again.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I know it was a post about someone having trouble either saving or updating contacts. And there was something about a maximum number of items or contacts or something. I hate that I can't remember it. It was in the General Discussion or OS Discussion forum, I remember that for sure.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
That does sound related to your Live account in some way. I assume when you create new contacts you are choosing Windows Live for the service? (No idea how many accounts you have setup on the phone or what kind) If you log into your Hotmail account and go to Help, there is a forum/ticket system there you can submit issues to and hopefully get some assistance.

Here is the direct link in case you can't find it:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/hotmail/help-center

ElliotHolmes

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi fwaits - thanks that's probably the route I'll take. They're all saved to my main Hotmail account as the only other ones I have synced are Facebook and my Live account (but that's filtered out as it's just for email really).

Thanks to both of you for your help with this. I hope you have a good one :).

ElliotHolmes

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep tried that as a first port of call but it doesn't make any apparent difference. Even when I filter out my Facebook contacts and re-sync nothing actually changes on the phone and the same contacts are displayed.

I'm leaning towards the suggestion that it's an issue linked to my actual Hotmail account as I trimmed my contact list down last night and now I've got a load of dead contacts on my phone and these stay even after syncs etc. Guess we'll see what they say in response to my ticket.

I suspect I'll be visiting an Orange store over the weekend though lol

ElliotHolmes

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Didn't get anywhere with Microsoft so in the end I just reset my phone to factory settings and added the accounts back in again. Seemed to do the trick as I've not had the problem so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12