- 07-03-2012, 12:02 PM #1
Hey guys, I just got a Lumia 900 a couple of days ago and I was hoping this problem would fix itself... but it hasn't.
In my Music & Videos app, the artist images just won't show up. I've made sure that my account is a US account, I've made sure that in the settings I'm letting the app connect to Zune, and none of that has done anything.
Also, whenever I try to make a Smart DJ playlist it gives me an error saying "We can't make a Smart DJ playlist for this song because we don't recognize this artist". I'm sort of at a loss for what to do.
(It might be worth noting that I'm using a Lumia 900 on AT&T and syncing all my music to it through the Windows Phone 7 Connector software for the Mac through iTunes)
- 07-03-2012, 12:54 PM #2
As far as the smart DJ. IDK, but I'd start by checking that the artist info is embedded in the ID3 tags of your music.
- 07-04-2012, 02:33 AM #8
I noticed this happened to me, when I had first had gotten my phone. Once I had connected and put music on my windows laptop, with Zune it worked. It never worked with a Mac. I'd say try and get yourself a windows comp and sync through there.
- 07-04-2012, 03:23 AM #9
Depends on what music you listen to, Zune might not have artist imagery. Get your phone on a strong data connection and open up the artist in the Music+Videos app, and wait a while. It should load if Zune has an image. The imagery loads when you open up the artist or play music from the artist to the best of my knowledge, but I've been applying my own images through homebrew for a while so I can't be sure.
As for the lock screen, Settings → lock+wallpaper → Show artist when playing music.
- 07-07-2012, 08:32 AM #11
I had this problem as well where my music files had album art on it (whenever I downloaded from Amazon, etc.), but never showed up on the phone. Zune showed the album art, and the phone also showed it on the player, but it never showed up on the lock screen. Here's what worked for me; be aware that this is a manual process and can take a while if you have a lot of songs. It also requires Zune on Windows (sorry!).
1. In the Zune software (on Windows), go to Settings -> Metadata and Ratings, and select "Automatically retrieve ad update album art and metadata". I also selected "Only add missing information" under this selection.
2. Now, close out of the Settings and go back to your library
3. For each ALBUM, right-click and select "Find album info"
4. Go through the process and select the right album info
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for EVERY album
6. Re-sync your songs with your phone
7. On the phone, go to Settings -> Applications -> Music + Videos, and turn ON the "Connect with Zune" option
8. Your music should now show the album art
The cool thing about this is when you play your music on the desktop Zune software (in fullscreen mode), it starts displaying album art, artist info, etc. when the songs play.
11-03-2012, 06:04 PM #12
- 1 Posts
Hi guys, I know this thread may be a little bit old and I hope most of you see this but I've finally found a solution to what you guys and I have been encountering since we got our windows phone.
So because microsoft zune isn't apple friendly this only applies to people who have been using the windows phone connecter for mac.
1. Update windows phone connecter to the most current update.
2. Uncheck (if you have checked) sync all music.
*for some reason this makes the connecter overlook all of the metadata that has been downloaded from xbox music. This can be found on the sidebar located in windows phone connecter when your phone is connected.
3. Manually check all artists, playlists, and genres. (You will find this by looking at the sidebar when your phone is connected and clicking music). same for step 2.
4. Go to top menu bar and click "windows phone connecter" and under preferences click "sync artist+music information from xbox music". located at the bottom of preferences panel.
5. Wipe your device otherwise it will sync two versions of every song with the new info and tag information. This doesn't delete contacts, etc. only what you've synced from your itunes/media library.
6. Sync your phone. (You'll notice it'll take a lot longer because it is actually downloaded the metadata needed to show pictures.)
7. It should work.
I hope this works for you guys... I know it's been pretty frustrating but here's a new solution. I made this account just for this. Cheers!