Hi Folks,
    When an application is uninstalled from the phone, would it clean up any data it stored/used? Does the OS do that? Or its the developers job? Also would a hard reset remove all of the saved data by apps? I noticed once after a hard reset that some data stays, for example I installed ESPN Scored Center after the reset and I didnt have to enter my login info again like when I used the app for the first time.

Thanks!
    07-03-2012 12:25 PM
    Uninstalling an app cleans up all of its data, the OS handles that. A hard reset will remove all app data from the phone.

I'm guessing that ESPN Scorecenter stores your device ID server-side and ties that to your login. Then when you reinstall the app it sees that device ID and remembers you.
    TheDarKnight likes this.
    07-03-2012 12:41 PM
    Uninstalling an app cleans up all of its data, the OS handles that. A hard reset will remove all app data from the phone.

I'm guessing that ESPN Scorecenter stores your device ID server-side and ties that to your login. Then when you reinstall the app it sees that device ID and remembers you.
    Thanks for your answer! it makes sense now.
    07-03-2012 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD