Do battery discharge apps help anything?

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I know some laptop computers can gain better battery life by calibrating the OS and battery by draining then charging and so on. Does anyone know if the same is the case for cell phones, particularly windows phones?

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I know some laptop computers can gain better battery life by calibrating the OS and battery by draining then charging and so on. Does anyone know if the same is the case for cell phones, particularly windows phones?

calibration applies to any smart battery.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Not to WP. Discharging is the worst you can do to these phones. It was the same with WM. Just do a search of the forum and you will find that completely discharging your battery may result in not being able to start your phone up. I have owned 3 WP phones already and never conditioned any. Battery is worst the first 2-3 weeks but gets better after that. I don't follow any type of rule. I just plug it in when I can. I'll even plug it into my car charger even if I have 90% battery.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Not to WP. Discharging is the worst you can do to these phones. It was the same with WM. Just do a search of the forum and you will find that completely discharging your battery may result in not being able to start your phone up. I have owned 3 WP phones already and never conditioned any. Battery is worst the first 2-3 weeks but gets better after that. I don't follow any type of rule. I just plug it in when I can. I'll even plug it into my car charger even if I have 90% battery.
I don't follow any rules either but quite a few times the battery has completely discharged on me. Still ends up booting fine though.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't follow any rules either but quite a few times the battery has completely discharged on me. Still ends up booting fine though.

Its a random occurance. It has happened to me a couple times with the Focus. Luckily, it came back on after a couple days. Anyway, I'm talking from experience and from reading multiple posts on this subject in this forum. You don't have to take my word for it, but it sucks if it does happen.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Lithium ion batteries do not suffer from the "memory effect" like other batteries do. Calibrating them won't make a noticeable difference on the battery. I always charge before bed whether I'm at 90% or 40%.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I know they dont have memory issue's, but some os's can be calibrated to the battery so they know how much to charge it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2