How do i get rid of application indexing?

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 710 and just installed my >46th application, and now I have alphabetic indexing that I can't get rid of for my application list. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Removing apps will work if you have Tango. On Mango devices you have to hard reset the device to remove the alphabetic index.

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Last night it was indexing and when I removed apps it removed the index, but I woke up this morning to find the index back on my phone. I tried removing apps but it's still there unfortunately.. hard reset is the only solution? :(

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Last night it was indexing and when I removed apps it removed the index, but I woke up this morning to find the index back on my phone. I tried removing apps but it's still there unfortunately.. hard reset is the only solution? :(

Upgrade to Tango, then remove some apps (below 46 apps). But honestly, what is wrong with indexing?

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade to Tango, then remove some apps (below 46 apps). But honestly, what is wrong with indexing?

It's the cross-over between it being on and off that I find annoying. If I have 46 apps I still find it quicker scrolling down the list than I do having to choose a letter and go from there. If I have 45 apps I don't have to choose a letter, and the list is effectively shorter, because it doesn't have the alphabetical placemarkers.

Now, if I had 100+ apps then I could see the benefit of indexing. But it should be an option. As I have never gone over 50 apps on my phone at any one time I find the indexing annoying, especially as I can't turn it off.

Dimitri Stamatakis

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
indexing adds 26 un necessary icons to the list of 30 which means it takes a lot more swipes to get to settings for example. I dont need help with the alphabet, I am pretty cool with my ABC...to turn this raandom feature off would be more than useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium