Can anyone confirm this, Tango for Samsung Focus

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
"I have just spoke with AT&T who in turn called Samsung support. Samsung said that the Tango update that was released on 6/27/2012 is only for Samsung Focus S and Samsung Focus Flash. There is no Tango for the first generation Samsung Focus."

4hab

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
"I have just spoke with AT&T who in turn called Samsung support. Samsung said that the Tango update that was released on 6/27/2012 is only for Samsung Focus S and Samsung Focus Flash. There is no Tango for the first generation Samsung Focus."
I would never believe in what a customer-support tells me about an update to come to a device. They dont know more than we do. As it was said on the WP Summit, that all former devices will get WP 7.8, there will also be an Update with Tango for the Focus, because in my eyes it is necessary for the roll out of 7.8.

And I dont think 7.8 wont be rolled out on the Focus. ;) Just relax, Tango itself does not contain any great new Features anyway (I dont know about wifi tethering on the Focus and hope you dont suffer from any bugs, fixed by the update). Better wait for 7.8. If it is not rolled out on first generation devices, like the Focus, then you can enrage. :D You wont be the only one...

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the "Zune Trick" to force update the device. Also, since this is coming out in stages yours might not be one that it has been sent to.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T release the TANGO update for the FOCUS on July 4th ,,
do the force update and you will have it , or else be patient.

the fact that they told you june 27th .. LOL oblivious they dont know.

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried the force update and had no luck, I forced the mango update and got it on the first try. The main reason I want tango is for the keyboard fix and to able to send multiple pics at once. Sometimes it gets difficult to send various pics to clients who do not have emails sent to their phone.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have it on Rogers Canada ,

but its just to show that the update is possible to get ont he original FOCUS , because it does exist ,

if AT&T is that bad at pushing out updates then that sucks lol.

and at this point getting the .CAB file might be the only way for AT&T clients?

soulzero

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a few Original Samsung Foci, they are both unlocked. What do I have to do to get them to get the Tango update from Rodgers? I tried the Zune Trick with no luck at all.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
AT&T release the TANGO update for the FOCUS on July 4th...

Do you mean AT&T or Samsung released it for Focus?

I have it on Rogers Canada ,

but its just to show that the update is possible to get ont he original FOCUS , because it does exist ,

if AT&T is that bad at pushing out updates then that sucks lol.
So did or didn't AT&T release Tango for original Focus? I know the Tango update is possible based on what you said, but did AT&T officially release it? Where did you get the July 4th date above???

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
AT&T claims that the tango update is available for the FOCUS.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%3D400476%23fbid%3Dbd6cnQyfsYM&token=IPv96uUh

you can still force the update using one of the following 3 methods:

1. Tango on ATT Samsung Focus Launch Device - xda-developers

2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27960331#post27960331

3. http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-tango-update-cab-files-available-for-download/

I have a few Original Samsung Foci, they are both unlocked. What do I have to do to get them to get the Tango update from Rodgers? I tried the Zune Trick with no luck at all.

you can use method Number 1 for unlocked phones. ( I think :p )

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Appreciate the links for forcing the update which I'll probably end up doing but the link you provided for "AT&T claims that the tango update is available for the FOCUS" only takes you to a tutorial on how to update the WP7 and WP7.5 firmware. Yes, I know that if I were to upgrade my Focus' 7.5 firmware I would get something newer and I also know the Focus is listed as one of the phones on the tutorial page, but in reality AT&T hasn't confirmed Tango has been released for the original Focus. I don't even know how you reached that conclusion or how you even got to the phrase "AT&T claims..."

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
oh that's weird , I had done a tango search and thats what came up , my bad i miss read that tutorial , I thought it was for tango!!..
Se1fcr3ation,

I have a Focus on Rogers, and I recieved notice yesterday that i have an update available (Tango i'm assuming).

Can you comment on whether or not that update will enable internet sharing?

I am concerned because I hacked/unlocked my Focus and enabled internet sharing and I don't know what this update will do to all that. I am ok with my phone re-locking if the internet sharing was officially enabled.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation,

I have a Focus on Rogers, and I recieved notice yesterday that i have an update available (Tango i'm assuming).

Can you comment on whether or not that update will enable internet sharing?

I am concerned because I hacked/unlocked my Focus and enabled internet sharing and I don't know what this update will do to all that. I am ok with my phone re-locking if the internet sharing was officially enabled.

im also with rogers but i haven't been able to update it yet cause my ZUNE wont recognize my device at the moment, but ill figure it out tonight ( 3-4hours) i can let you know if it enables it.

BUT! what i would suggest so you don't lose your unlock is this: AddictiveTips ? Blog ArchiveUpdate To Windows Phone Tango Without Losing Unlock

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just connected my Samsung Focus to my PC waiting for the same message I got every night, but not this time. There it was, a message telling me to update my phone. So I'm doing so right now :)

Unlocked, debranded (000-88) Samsung Focus over here in Panama.

Patience was all it took. No tricks or anything else. It's backing up right now.

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just connected my Samsung Focus to my PC waiting for the same message I got every night, but not this time. There it was, a message telling me to update my phone. So I'm doing so right now :)

Unlocked, debranded (000-88) Samsung Focus over here in Panama.

Patience was all it took. No tricks or anything else. It's backing up right now.

Please let us know if internet sharing was enabled!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786