Battery life & status bar symbols

greenwoodma

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I've just got a Nokia Lumia 900 & do like it, but have some questions about the OS. Firstly, is there a link to the different symbols which are in the status bar. One I'm confused about is one that looks like a diamond with a hole in it.

Secondly, is there a way to increase battery life. At mo, I've had phone off battery for 6 hours & battery life has dropped 42%. Is this good?! I've not really used the phone much. Couple of calls, texts & some twitter. I'm coming from iOS and Android and think this battery is not as good?!

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I've just got a Nokia Lumia 900 & do like it, but have some questions about the OS. Firstly, is there a link to the different symbols which are in the status bar. One I'm confused about is one that looks like a diamond with a hole in it.

Secondly, is there a way to increase battery life. At mo, I've had phone off battery for 6 hours & battery life has dropped 42%. Is this good?! I've not really used the phone much. Couple of calls, texts & some twitter. I'm coming from iOS and Android and think this battery is not as good?!

The icon you're unsure of is letting you know an application is accessing location services.
Windows Phone | Phone Icons | Status Bar | Windows Phone 7

There are some battery life tips here, though no doubt others will add further suggestions:
Phone Battery Life | Windows Phone 7 Battery Life | Increasing Battery Life | Windows Phone 7

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While sleeping, you phone should only be draining 1 to 3% per hour (you are at 7%) depending on how many email accounts, background tasks, etc. Are you connected to a MicroCell. They are notorious for draining battery. How is you data signal. How many bars. A very weak signal can also drain quickly.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

greenwoodma

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
What is a MicroCell?!

I've noticed that the roaming signal has been on today (yet I've set data roaming off), also today and a couple of times yesterday I noticed that the call forwarding symbol was there, yet I've not set anything like this up.

My battery now has dropped to 23% in 9 hours, so basically since I sent the first post it's gone down by 19% - which I think is definitely not right.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
maybe your battery is defective? Local repair centers might have battery testers to find out if its a battery problem , then you can exchange it...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
or just go back to the store you got your phone tell them your battery dies in 4 hours with no usage and they will exchange it.. lol :happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes