How to upgrade your phone and keep paid apps?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I upgraded to a Lumia900 from a Samsung Focus.. I had several paid apps that I would like to install on the Lumia and not have to buy again.. How can I do that? when I log into the windowsphone/marketplace, it shows no record of a previous purchase..

massifheed

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to a Lumia900 from a Samsung Focus.. I had several paid apps that I would like to install on the Lumia and not have to buy again.. How can I do that? when I log into the windowsphone/marketplace, it shows no record of a previous purchase..

So long as you sign in with the same Live account on your Lumia that you did on your Focus (when you purchased the apps), then you can reinstall them from the marketplace. You will need to select the option to 'buy', but on the confirmation screen it will tell you that you've already purchased the app, and would you like to re-install it. You won't be charged again.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

Go to windowsphone.com and login with the Live account you use on your phone. Click on My Phone up top, the next page should show you your history of apps, simply click 'Reinstall' on the ones you want back on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs