Sync google account

Zubuu

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

I'm new to WP and just got a Lumia 800 a week ago. It's updated with tango 7.10.8773.98.

My live account is working fine and my outlook from work is also syncing perfect. I've tried to sync my google account serval times now but doesn't seem to be able to make it work. When I try it says that "Attention required" in the "email + accounts". If I click on the google account I get error 8004010F.

I've searched the error and followed the solution from the thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-discussion/181263.htm. I only have a few contacts on my google account and tried to delete all of them, without luck. Therefore it doesn't seem to have anything to do with my contacts..?

The only thing that I can think of that can be the problem is that I use the same email for my live account and my google account (a hotmail account). I don't have a gmail and the live account on my phone uses the same email as my google account login.

The only thing I want is to sync my google calendar... I receive my emails throug my live account and my contacts are synced through the live account too. I really don't want to create a gmail and link that to my google account just to sync my calendar. It's mush easier to have the same login details everywhere.

Can anybody help me syncing my google account/calendar? Does anybody have the same problem?

Hope you can help me and hope that you understand my problem.

I'll go on vacation next week so if I don't reply right away thats the reason why.

Best regards

Tobias Jessen

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Each account, Live and Google, will be stored separately on your phone. So I don't think there's any issue there with using the same email address as the username for both accounts. I know you said you don't use Gmail for your email, but have you at least enabled IMAP from Gmail's Settings --> Forwarding & POP/IMAP page? That could help. Other than maybe changing the password on Gmail, I'm out of ideas.

Zubuu

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Each account, Live and Google, will be stored separately on your phone. So I don't think there's any issue there with using the same email address as the username for both accounts. I know you said you don't use Gmail for your email, but have you at least enabled IMAP from Gmail's Settings --> Forwarding & POP/IMAP page? That could help. Other than maybe changing the password on Gmail, I'm out of ideas.

I think you are right... Today I tried to hard reset my phone again. After the reset I didn't create/login on my live account on the phone. Instead I just tried to login with the google account. But still no luck... :(

I don't think that I can access the gmail settings at all?! I don't have a gmail... Just a google account with my hotmail as my user login...

Right now I'm trying to create the account through the "advanced" option...

Anybody else? Any ideas?

Zubuu

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi again

I managed to solve it?!

I used the outlook option to create my account. Logged in with my hotmail account. After that the phone synced my normal live account and not my google account.

Then I tapped the "outlook" account and changed the name og the account to google and also changed the server to m.google.com and choose calendar only to sync. After that it synced my google calendar?

Don't really know why it have to go through outlook?! And maybe there is a easier way to do it, but now it works... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss