Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

14 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I have a Nokia Lumia 900 with Play To and can stream everything except my Zune Pass music. I read on the Nokia site that it was because of DRM. Is there a way around this with any other DLNA service that anyone is aware of? Or will a solution be presented with WP8? Just curious. Thanks.

874 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    I noticed this the other day when I first tried to do music. Pictures, videos work fine, but when I choose music I see the music list for a second and then it drops back to the WP7 start screen. Does that mean its crashing?

686 Posts
    I don't see a technical limitation, just a legal one. Artists, labels, set up a Zune pass will work on xbox, phone, pc...about pushing that to other devices...when contracts were signed three years ago, I don't think that was an option.

Xbox Music will most likely be no different. Though this is just a guess.

13 Posts
    I've noticed PlayTo crashing whilst trying to share music too, but it's not because of Zune Pass tunes, it just doesn't get that far. Before it upgraded to the non-beta version however it was streaming music fine. So that's a bit backwards!

Video and Photos work perfectly with Media Center Extender (which may be more compatible with Zune/WMA tunes than other DLNA devices hence my music working previously) open on XBox360 though (but not in Xbox dashboard which I find really odd and will surely be fixed soon?)