Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    One of the major issues with Windows Phone is video playback. By video playback i mean all internet content. YouTube video's and everything that's not downloaded to the phone loads -really- slow and even the best YouTube clients lag a lot in the beginning, it's extremely annoying. It could just be the single-core, but what do you guys think? I have an HTC Titan.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Never had much of a problem.

never had a problem on my hd7s

How is it on WiFi?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    Might be your internet connection, also YouTube usually loads slower than other video sites because of the load on their servers so it isn't WP.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    That sounds like data issues. I watch videos all the time on my T2 with zero issues.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MathiasVerden View Post
    One of the major issues with Windows Phone is video playback. By video playback i mean all internet content. YouTube video's and everything that's not downloaded to the phone loads -really- slow and even the best YouTube clients lag a lot in the beginning, it's extremely annoying. It could just be the single-core, but what do you guys think? I have an HTC Titan.
    No issue here. Stream video all the time on Wi-Fi and occationally 4G and LTE.

Global Posts
    857 Global Posts
    I'm fine on AT&T.

With my old Focus on 3g, I did experience a bit of turbulence when watching YouTube, but the Lumia 900 performs much better.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

I watch Netflix A LOT on hspa+

Video has been fine for me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Definitely a data problem at your end.

I watch Netflix on my phone all the time and it works flawlessly. (AT&T)

We've had LTE rolling out in my area, so I get an LTE connection about 60-70% of the time now, when I have that, it's fast and crystal clear just like on my television or WiFi connection. Actually I've had so many problems with Comcast lately, I've actually been using the phone to watch a Netflix show before bed some nights. My LTE connection is faster and more reliable than my Comcast home internet, kind of pathetic.

If I'm on HSPA+ it's still not bad, maybe just a bit of graininess as the movie queues up and gets loaded into cache or whatever, but I haven't had a movie pause to catch up or lose significant quality yet.

Youtube works well the few times that I use it. But youtube has it's own issues. Even on my computer with a very fast connection at work sometimes it lags. That's just youtube being youtube.

This definitely has absolutely nothing to do with how many cores your processor has. Any smartphone made in the last 5 years with a decent processor and a reasonable amount of RAM can stream video smoothly. Anything outside of that is a data connection/performance issue IMO.

Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    No video issues with my Lumia 800.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Definitely a data problem at your end.

I watch Netflix on my phone all the time and it works flawlessly. (AT&T)

We've had LTE rolling out in my area, so I get an LTE connection about 60-70% of the time now, when I have that, it's fast and crystal clear just like on my television or WiFi connection. Actually I've had so many problems with Comcast lately, I've actually been using the phone to watch a Netflix show before bed some nights. My LTE connection is faster and more reliable than my Comcast home internet, kind of pathetic.

If I'm on HSPA+ it's still not bad, maybe just a bit of graininess as the movie queues up and gets loaded into cache or whatever, but I haven't had a movie pause to catch up or lose significant quality yet.

Youtube works well the few times that I use it. But youtube has it's own issues. Even on my computer with a very fast connection at work sometimes it lags. That's just youtube being youtube.

This definitely has absolutely nothing to do with how many cores your processor has. Any smartphone made in the last 5 years with a decent processor and a reasonable amount of RAM can stream video smoothly. Anything outside of that is a data connection/performance issue IMO.
    Comcast having problems? That's unusual, maybe they're doing maintenance or upgrades, here in Chicagoland they're almost flawless.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Comcast having problems? That's unusual, maybe they're doing maintenance or upgrades, here in Chicagoland they're almost flawless.
    Honestly I'm almost certain it's an issue in the lines between my house and the street, but getting Comcast to cooperate and just come out and fix it properly is easier said than done. All they do is keep telling my girlfriend nonsense. They sent one guy out who did nothing, then on the phone they tell her to reboot the modem 3 times a day, replace the splitter, this and that. Everything but actually solve the problem. They have easily the WORST customer service of any company I have dealt with in memory.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasVerden View Post
    Never had problems with my Lumia 800
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Honestly I'm almost certain it's an issue in the lines between my house and the street, but getting Comcast to cooperate and just come out and fix it properly is easier said than done. All they do is keep telling my girlfriend nonsense. They sent one guy out who did nothing, then on the phone they tell her to reboot the modem 3 times a day, replace the splitter, this and that. Everything but actually solve the problem. They have easily the WORST customer service of any company I have dealt with in memory.

Probably need an amp or all new cabling. They did top the worst customer service lists a few years back.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Video does hiccup occasionally on my Lumia 900, be it streaming content or downloaded videos. Video playback will slow/stop for a second, and then it will speed up and get into sync again. audio playback not affected.

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I had some buffering issues with my Focus S, but with the L900 video plays flawless.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    All the video I watch on my L900, streamed and on-device, runs smooth as slim. No hiccups.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    It is definitely the phone. I have a great data connection, and I've tested this on 3 Wi-Fi connections and a 3G connection. Everytime the video will either stop, or it will take forever to buffer. It will lag untill it's 100% buffered, and it's really a huge drawback for me. All videos run smoothly on any computer, phone or tablet I've used on the same networks. I use an HTC Titan, and I'm really disappointed that the 1.5GHz CPU can be this slow. In some very simple games, or apps for drawing, it will be incredibly slow, and ruin the application because of all the lag. Hopefully the Lumia 920 will be much better :) I've been waiting for a dual-core forever to fix this, but sounds like it's only the Titan.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I don't have any issues with video or music streaming over 3G or WiFi on my Focus Flash. I think it is just your phone.
    Samsung Focus Flash on Straight Talk.

Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I haven't had any issues with YouTube on my Lumia, my iPad on the other hand seems wholey incapable of buffering anything from YouTube.

I would recommend looking at your general networks performance first see if that is the bottleneck. It could also be some issue on YouTubes end. What applications are you using that you have issues with?

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Sometimes I experience problems with my Focus, eternal buffering while streaming. No difference between HSPA+ and WiFi. I think it's the less capable hardware of my phone paired with many apps open (it gets better once I "close" all other apps). Lumia 920 should take care of that :)

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Hard reset your phone...I guuess it's your phone's fault.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast