Is creating a playlist as hard as I'm making it?!

Ash168

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi people

I want to make playlists on my phone. I've read threads explaining how one can play a track, pause it, then go through tracks adding them to 'now playing', then save.

However, most of my tracks are from albums, so there is already the rest of the album in the 'now playing' list, so I seem to be stuck with having a whole album as part of a playlist, which is not what I want. Similarly, if I choose my track from the songs list rather than from an album, the whole list of songs on my phone is in the 'now playing' list......aaaagh!!!!

Please please, if there is a super WP pro out there who understands my problem and can help I would be very very grateful. Is making a playlist really so complex?!

Thanks
Ash

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Making a playlist on a Windows Phone is 100% backwards-a**. It's easier to make a playlist on your computer and then sync it to your phone.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Completely useless playlist functionality on the phone. Probably best to download Stop the Music and use that to clear your now playing list then go to a track and tap and hold and select add to now playing and build your playlist from there.

Dont worry, im sure this will be fixed in WP8! :dry

Ash168

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. At least I know its not just me missing the obvious. I will check out 'stop the music' app, which sounds like a solution.

Yeah, I hope they fix a few things in 8. My biggest annoyance is that there is nowhere in the dial interface to paste a phone number that you want to use but not necessarily save first to contacts. It's backward! - just as well I love the rest of WP enough to put up with such basic lack of functionality.

Ash168

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Update: 'Stop the music' provides the workaround I need to make a playlist starting with any track I choose, even if that track is part of an album. Thanks! :)

WheelmanForHire

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you don't have access to a machine running Zune, it IS as hard as you're making it.

Ultimately I just use Windows Media Player to make playlists. Zune is nice but WMP shows far more songs on a screen at a time and if you know what you're looking for, it's quick.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. At least I know its not just me missing the obvious. I will check out 'stop the music' app, which sounds like a solution.

Yeah, I hope they fix a few things in 8. My biggest annoyance is that there is nowhere in the dial interface to paste a phone number that you want to use but not necessarily save first to contacts. It's backward! - just as well I love the rest of WP enough to put up with such basic lack of functionality.

Couldn't agree more. Can't believe MS took out a lot of basic things we took for granted on older phones. It balances out with everything else, but it really is a nusance for those of us that use them, such as speed dialing, smart dialing, etc. If you're looking for a more traditional dialer, I suggest Rapdialer. You can even pin it to look like the real dialer for your phone. You can set up speed dialing, do smart dialing (pulls up the contact from entering a few numbers), and also paste numbers (if you dial, you can press and hold and hit edit and paste).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire