Locked Phone was Reset

TCwho

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
My daughter had my Lumia900 phone and was messing around with my locked phone. I noticed she had powered it off, I made a mental note to go get it from her and about 1 minute or so later I did only to find that my phone had been reset!? What gives, how can the phone be reset while locked/pin?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
by pushing: volume down , power button and the camera at same time for 10 sec..?!

:(

hard resets can be done even when the phone is locked, encase you forget password.

TCwho

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Se1fcr3ation. Now I know better than to think my phone is safe in the hands of my two year old. The fact you can make an emergency call even while its locked should have been clear to me, but its hard to keep these devices away from young kids.

Hoping you guys can help me choose a recovery option. I had to reset my device before and learned how tedious it can be restoring your phone, and also learned what you lose like your text messages, email configurations, game progress etc. Thankfully, I was able to do a restore this time around from within Zune using a backup in early June. The backup was created when Lumias got the update to fix that purple screen haze and other issues. Restoring from this backup put back all my configuration settings, home screen tiles, apps, text messages etc... at least from early June that is.

So how can one force the Zune to backup/create an image of your phone. I looked around and found this here: [APP] [UPDATED 9/27/2011]V1.9 Working App to Backup Windows Phone 7 via ZUNE ANY TIME - xda-developers

It looked like it used to be promising but has since become problematic with the latest version of Zune ...

This also looks promising: [APP]simply 100% BACKUP your phone RESTORE over ZUNE- not for CUSTOM ROM?s like DFT) - xda-developers

Does anyone out there recommend a good method for creating complete phone backups of our WP devices?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon