Useless T-Mobile UK, Tango and Omnia 7

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Seeing the story on the home page listing which carrier/phone combinations are getting the Tango updates, I decided to give T-Mobile their quarterly telling off about lack of updates.

Tango everywhere on Windows Phone - A small list of carrier updates from the last few days | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Initial impressions were positive as they've changed their IVR to have an option for "Windows Mobile". Maybe they've improved actually trained some call centre staff since I last rang them? I then got through to an onshore call centre, which increased my confidence even further. Was I actually going to be understood and get a sensible answer?

How stupid of me to think that.

Initially I got the "It's not us, check Samsung's website" line. I pointed out her error, said that Three have got the updates on their Omnia 7s and she went off to check with the "technical team".

At this point I expected the "we're testing the update and have no further information" line that I've had before. Instead I got told to connect my phone to Zune for the updates, as it's nothing they have any control over. Once I'd picked my jaw up off the floor from shock at the brilliant information from their technical team, I again pointed out that it is the carriers that have to approve the updates and that she needs to give some feedback to her management. At this point she offered to check again and ring me back in 10 minutes.

When I got the call back I was told that T-Mobile have no information on any updates, or any expectation of getting any. Awesome. When asked why other carriers have the update, she said that I'd have to write in and ask the legal/marketing teams as they own the relationship with the phone suppliers and can answer why T-Mobile don't have it yet others do. Amazing.

So, this just confirms my belief that T-Mobile are utterly useless and untrustworthy when it comes to delivering updates. I will not be getting my next phone from T-Mobile.

I know I could flash the phone to a Three ROM, but that means resetting everything from scratch again and I haven't got the inclination to go through that pain.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Got a reply from T-Mobile:

Thanks for writing to us about the software update of your phone.

I'd like to let you know that Zune Media sync is not provided by T-Mobile. If you've any problems, you can seek assistance from Microsoft.

I'm sorry I'm afraid to say but there's no planned release date for this software. Therefore, I'd advise you to keep checking the updates for your phone on the given link www.zune.net/support .

For any further assistance, you can call our technical support team on 150 from your T-Mobile phone as they'll be happy to help you. They're here any time between 8:30am and 10pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 8pm on weekends.

Thanks again for your email Mark. I'm sure you'll find the updated software for your phone soon.

Muppets.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't buy from T-Mobile themselves, assuming this would give me an unbranded phone. But I assumed wrongly. As "unbranded" wasn't part of the sales pitch I couldn't exactly complain about it.

I have replied to the email they sent, but not gotten anything back.

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I've had a call now from T-Mobile, my favourite part of which was this:

TM: You have a Nokia?

Me: No, it’s a Samsung Omnia 7 (which was mentioned in my email several times)

TM: Is it a Zuney one?

The upshot of the conversation is that they are going to raise a "feedback" with the management to query what is happening with these updates, and why only TM haven’t released them. She said she’d phone me back on Monday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon