If you think about it from a different perspective, the lumia 900 did pretty well

the_tyrant

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The following numbers are for AT&T and I'm focusing on comparing Lumia to iPhone.

5.1 million smartphones

3.7 million iPhones

1.4 million non-iPhones

Analyst estimate of Nokia Lumia 900 sales on AT&T: 330,000 - 360,000

23.57% (assuming low target of 330,000 Lumia's) of all non-iPhone sales went to the Lumia in this quarter. I guess that not bad compared to other devices. Of the remaining 1.07 Million phones, there are a number of popular models like the Skyrocket, Note, Atrix 2, Galaxy 2, One X, Titan, Titan II, Focus S, Focus Flash, and Focus 2... so against all of those, this potentially took the number 1 spot for the quarter. Still iPhone is the gold standard, let's guess how they managed.

Original link: Dirty Math on Lumia Sales vs iPhone | The Verge Forums

Almost a quarter of non-iPhones, its really quite good really, especially after considering the competition

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The following numbers are for AT&T and I'm focusing on comparing Lumia to iPhone.

5.1 million smartphones

3.7 million iPhones

1.4 million non-iPhones

Analyst estimate of Nokia Lumia 900 sales on AT&T: 330,000 - 360,000

23.57% (assuming low target of 330,000 Lumia's) of all non-iPhone sales went to the Lumia in this quarter. I guess that not bad compared to other devices. Of the remaining 1.07 Million phones, there are a number of popular models like the Skyrocket, Note, Atrix 2, Galaxy 2, One X, Titan, Titan II, Focus S, Focus Flash, and Focus 2... so against all of those, this potentially took the number 1 spot for the quarter. Still iPhone is the gold standard, let's guess how they managed.

Original link: Dirty Math on Lumia Sales vs iPhone | The Verge Forums

Almost a quarter of non-iPhones, its really quite good really, especially after considering the competition

It's actually amazing how (on both AT&T and Verizon) 3/4 of all the smart phones sold are iPhones.

I know this is a WP forum, but damn, the iPhone is on its way to becoming a synonym for smartphone, like Xerox as short hand for 'photocopy' or 'Kleenex' for 'a tissue'. You can even see it in most non-phone ads.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's already that way for most "non-tech" people. Almost everyone in my family uses "iphone" instead of "cell phone." Similar to "ipod" for any mp3/music player.

The other problem is how the iphone is considered the gold standard. One of my uncle's asked what phone I had, and when he found out it was $99 he said "**** for just $100 more I can get the iphone can't I?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb