Want to buy a Windows Phone off contract to try it out? Here's what you should pay...

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's an idea of what you can get for your money as of today in the world of Windows Phone - I'll list the price range and then the condition you can expect the phone to be in. An idea of condition would be - Poor means lots of scratches or some features not working, Fair means regular to heavy use, Good means few scratches, and Excellent means phone is either brand new or looks like it could be brand new. I would never buy a phone with a cracked screen, so that's not what I'm listing here :

Under $100 :

Samsung Focus (Fair)
Samsung Focus Flash (Fair)
Dell Venue Pro (Fair)
HTC Surround (Fair)
LG Quantum (Fair)
HTC Arrive (Fair)
HTC HD7 (Poor/Fair)
HTC HD7S (Poor/Fair)

$100 - $150 :

Samsung Focus (Excellent/New)
Samsung Focus Flash (New In Box)
Samsung Focus 2 (Poor/Fair)
HTC Radar (Good)
Nokia Lumia 710 (Good)
Dell Venue Pro (New In Box)
HTC Surround (Excellent/New)
LG Quantum (Excellent/New)
HTC Arrive (Excellent)
HTC HD7 (Excellent/New)
HTC HD7S (Excellent/New)

$150 - $200:

Samsung Focus 2 (Excellent)
HTC Titan (Excellent)
HTC Radar (New/Excellent)
Nokia Lumia 710 (New in box)
Nokia Lumia 900 (Good/Excellent)

$200 - $250:

HTC Titan (New In Box)
HTC Titan II (Good/Excellent)
Samsung Focus 2 (New In Box)
Nokia Lumia 900 (Excellent/New In Box)

I hope this helps someone decide either what their phone is worth or what phone they can afford if they want to buy off contract. Please comment or disagree and let me know any phones I may have missed. I didn't list international phones (or the Lumia 800) because I only really follow US prices and I didn't list oddball phones like the Batman Nokia 900 or the Jil Sander LG phone because those are rare and rare items never follow a value trend. Thanks.

Last edited:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking to pickup a second Titan II but I have not been able to find one in the $200-$250 range locally. People still expect to get $350 or so...even when they got the phone for free.

Lumia is the same.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the "Maybe some day network!" so I have only one option, the Arrive. I guess I'm cheap but $100 bucks (or $100 + as seen on eBay) for an old beat up phone seems a bit much.

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeap, I paid for a Lumia 900 for about 250 bucks. It was brand new but it was sold after someone did a recontract and didn't want it. I stood to gain haha.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking to pickup a second Titan II but I have not been able to find one in the $200-$250 range locally. People still expect to get $350 or so...even when they got the phone for free.

Lumia is the same.

I probably will be selling mine soon, would you be interested?

EDIT: Sorry, someone's asked if I want to trade again lol.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Someone STICKY this. I am so tired of folks acting like current Windows Phones aren't an option for people just because of WP8. It IS an option and probably will cost less than other competing phones on contract

Speedygi

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 900 is definitely a quality phone for many months to come. And with 7.8 appearing on it soon it will look pretty much like Windows Phone 8 too...

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's an idea of what you can get for your money as of today in the world of Windows Phone - I'll list the price range and then the condition you can expect the phone to be in. An idea of condition would be - Poor means lots of scratches or some features not working, Fair means regular to heavy use, Good means few scratches, and Excellent means phone is either brand new or looks like it could be brand new. I would never buy a phone with a cracked screen, so that's not what I'm listing here :

Under $100 :

Samsung Focus (Fair)
Samsung Focus Flash (Fair)
HTC Radar (Poor)
Nokia Lumia 710 (Fair)
Dell Venue Pro (Fair)
HTC Surround (Fair)
LG Quantum (Fair)
HTC Arrive (Fair)
HTC HD7 (Poor/Fair)
HTC HD7S (Poor/Fair)

$100 - $150 :

Samsung Focus (Excellent/New)
Samsung Focus Flash (New In Box)
Samsung Focus 2 (Poor/Fair)
HTC Radar (Good/Excellent)
Nokia Lumia 710 (New In Box)
Dell Venue Pro (New In Box)
HTC Surround (Excellent/New)
LG Quantum (Excellent/New)
HTC Arrive (Excellent)
HTC HD7 (Excellent/New)
HTC HD7S (Excellent/New)

$150 - $200:

Samsung Focus 2 (Excellent)
HTC Titan (Excellent)
Nokia Lumia 900 (Good/Excellent)

$200 - $250:

HTC Titan (New In Box)
HTC Titan II (Good/Excellent)
Samsung Focus 2 (New In Box)
Nokia Lumia 900 (Excellent/New In Box)

I hope this helps someone decide either what their phone is worth or what phone they can afford if they want to buy off contract. Please comment or disagree and let me know any phones I may have missed. I didn't list international phones (or the Lumia 800) because I only really follow US prices and I didn't list oddball phones like the Batman Nokia 900 or the Jil Sander LG phone because those are rare and rare items never follow a value trend. Thanks.

Sounds about right. Under $100 for an HTC Radar though isn't right. They go for about $200 in good condition, and we buy them for about $125 as poor.

And same thing applies to the Lumia 710 ^^^

Also the Samsung Focus 2 is priced a bit more upward.

Other than that, great list.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds about right. Under $100 for an HTC Radar though isn't right. They go for about $200 in good condition, and we buy them for about $125 as poor.

And same thing applies to the Lumia 710 ^^^

Also the Samsung Focus 2 is priced a bit more upward.

Other than that, great list.

$200 in good condition seems high - a quick search of Ebay shows plenty in the $125 - $175 range for good condition.

Example : HTC Radar 4G C110e - Good Condition White T-Mobile Cell Phone | eBay

Not to mention, websites other than Ebay.

Example : HTC Radar T-Mobile 4G Windows Smartphone - White - CowBoom.com

I'll edit it a bit upward.

The Lumia 710's price has been dropping like a rock recently. I'm surprised how cheap you can get them.

Example : Nokia Lumia 710 - Good Condition Black T-Mobile Cell Phone 61021462895 | eBay

I've seen people list the 710 on Craiglist for $150 new in box, as well. A used one can be haggled down to the $100 - $125 range, but I will adjust it as well a bit upward.

The Focus 2 is tricky, because I've seen it range from $150 new in box to $300 new in box. I think its so new people don't know how to price it.

Here's some BIN listings from Ebay - if someone is SET on a Focus 2, wait for a deal, because they come up frequently.

Samsung Focus 2 SGH-I667 - 8GB - White (AT&T) Smartphone 635753498066 | eBay

Samsung Focus 2 SGH-I667 - 8GB - White (AT&T) Smartphone MINT CONDITION 635753498066 | eBay

Samsung Focus 2 SGH-I667 - 8GB - White (AT&T) NIB! 635753498066 | eBay

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720