More WP marketing fail...FB integration

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
As somebody who is a big user and proponent of Windows Phones, it's disappointing to see how Microsoft continues to fail to market the positives of the OS....specifically the deep facebook integration that we all currently enjoy. I did a quick google search for "best facebook integration OS" and there are no signs of Windows Phones. it's all about IOS6/OSX and their facebook integration. And to be honest, i don't think i recall seeing any WP7.5 ads/commercials that highlights how deeply integrated FB is.

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Plus it's annoying how Apple is positioning their fb integration in IOS6 as the next best thing since sliced bread when i know that WP's had this for almost 2 yrs now.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
hi6rx.gif

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Plus it's annoying how Apple is positioning their fb integration in IOS6 as the next best thing since sliced bread when i know that WP's had this for almost 2 yrs now.
That's what happens when you have less than 5% market share. webOS had Synergy 3 years ago and was/is the best FB integration in the business.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Google's/BING search engine = most visited sites......

explains why you only see IOS...

all that means is that more people visit sites related to FB integration for Iphone witch is NORMAL cause we have such a low WP user base.

Nothing to do with MS
Nothing to do with marketing

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Google's/BING search engine = most visited sites......

explains why you only see IOS...

all that means is that more people visit sites related to FB integration for Iphone witch is NORMAL cause we have such a low WP user base.

Nothing to do with MS
Nothing to do with marketing

I understand that google/bing searches have nothing to do with marketing but the fail on marketing part i was referring to was microsoft never really marketed the facebook integration to the public. Now that apple's marketing fb integration as a key upgrade in iOS6, people will credit apple as having the first OS to have true FB integration.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
true that ,

we do need to see more advertising of the ACTUAL OS! (not just the phones) ...

like TV adds that talk about SPECIFIC features.. (FB integration)

that would be nice.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I doubt if there will be any new ads until the WP8 devices are released. The current devices were pretty much Osborned. The only way they would really sell now would be if there was some sort of upgrade incentive offered, like the way folks who buy a new PC between now and January 2013 get Windows 8 for $15.

I expect to see more advertising for WP8 and Win8, when both are released this fall.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I doubt if there will be any new ads until the WP8 devices are released. The current devices were pretty much Osborned. The only way they would really sell now would be if there was some sort of upgrade incentive offered, like the way folks who buy a new PC between now and January 2013 get Windows 8 for $15.

I expect to see more advertising for WP8 and Win8, when both are released this fall.

Not really sales still good price drop helped

Lucaat

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of deep facebook integration, is there no way to add a facebook contact from WP? I can't find anything to search for people in the WP FB app.

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't suggesting microsoft start advertising WP's facebook integration. like you said, it's too late at this point to be advertising it until they start running ads for WP8. if they do decide to advertise fb integration with wp8, to the masses, it's gonna look like microsoft is copying apple yet again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium