Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree5Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kenzibit View Post
    Wow, got it. Thanks ;-)
    BTW, do you know how to merge two or more contacts manually? Anyway better the the cleanup contacts system in the top menu?)

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express
    Just pick the contacts you want to merge (using the tick boxes next to their name) and click Link in the top menu to merge them.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorki247 View Post
    Just pick the contacts you want to merge (using the tick boxes next to their name) and click Link in the top menu to merge them.
    Thanks so much for helping me out with my dumb questions.....soo simple. This outlook stuff is all new to me but I'm now gaining grounds ;-)

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Hey guys, really enjoying ur posts and questions. They have actually address a lot of the concerns/questions I have with the switch. One question I do have is what is this alias thing and how does it work? I have a live ID and want to switch to Outlook. Thanks!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    edit - just realized that this is the WP7 forum. I'll repost on a WP8 forum. But I'll leave it here just in case anyone can help.

Hey guys. I want to change from the hotmail.co.uk on my phone to my outlook.com address, and be able to redownload my paid-for apps for free, and transfer my contacts over.

A WPcentral article suggests changing the addresses on my Xbox first, and then hard-resetting the phone, setting up with the new address, and everything will have transferred (I know I have to redownload everything). I've changed it on my Xbox - I'm now waiting for my Lumia 920 to come through the post, I'm getting a replacement after my hard-reset bricked it.

I'm worried that this won't work and I'll set up with the new address on my phone, I won't be able to redownload my apps for free, I'll have to hard reset again, and knowing my luck I'll get the spinning gears again.

So can anyone confirm that what I am going to do will work? Or is there a better way?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678