outlook.com emails on wp7

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
anyone have any luck setting this up? I'd like to receive emails to my new ms account, but I can't get it to set up. I tried under "other account" and "advanced setup" but both try to sync for about 5 minutes, then say "attention needed" and ask for me pw again.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. This isn't the "changing your main account" problem discussed on WPCentral's main page, but something with secondary email addresses. My main Windows Live account has my gmail account as its name; that is unchanged. However, I also have a secondary account that I use for certain stuff. It used to be @live.com; I just changed it to @outlook.com.

The calendar appointments I have with the @outlook.com account are still showing up on my calendar, but it didn't create a mail tile for my @outlook.com account. When I had originally linked this second account, a mail tile just appeared at the bottom for it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: problem solved. Go into "email and accounts," select your @outlook.com address and make sure that email is checked to sync. For me, it was off whereas the rest was on, for some reason.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it just keeps asking me to make sure my login and pw are correct when I use the windows live email choice.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My works fine but I don't like the logo. I now it's supposed to be an O, an envelope and a clock but it looks to me like a happy Mailman delivering an O. It's just silly looking

Outlook-2010-Logo.png

nam13

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the tile not showing up. The Hotmail app isn't listed in the app list, either. It is available when I try to link inboxes, but my outlook.com email doesn't show up once linked. I've made sure the box is checked to sync my email multiple times, so that can't be the problem. This is frustrating.

henry.gray

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I would like to add that something has happened to the function of using your outlook.com as your primary email on WP7, when I first signed up for outlook.com domain when it was released I had no problems setting it up, even a few phone resets later, I was still able to do it. Now as of 29/10/12 I have had to reset my phone, it will allow me to setup my outlook email as my main WL account and connects me to FB and Xbox Live. However my email Icon still says setup email and when I set it up as my Hotmail account, it states that the account already exists, therefore cannot use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs