DO NOT change your hotmail account to Outlook.com

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Not to shoot you down dude, but there's already been an article about it on this and pretty much every other tech site on the internet; and outlook.com itself gives the following warning when you visit the page where you can switch:

"Warning: You might not want to change this email address if you've used it to set up a Windows Phone. On your phone, features that use this address will stop working, including Marketplace, Xbox LIVE, SkyDrive, email and others. To use these features again on your phone, you'd need to restore it to factory settings, which erases all personal content."

Anyone so amazingly dumb to not realise what is going to happen after all the press and the warnings supplied (twice!) before you can change your address, deserves to lose all their data.

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. I created an alias instead thanks to the two blogs on this site re this change. But, it's good to put this here in the forum for those who do not follow The Blog.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Not to shoot you down dude, but there's already been an article about it on this and pretty much every other tech site on the internet; and outlook.com itself gives the following warning when you visit the page where you can switch:

"Warning: You might not want to change this email address if you've used it to set up a Windows Phone. On your phone, features that use this address will stop working, including Marketplace, Xbox LIVE, SkyDrive, email and others. To use these features again on your phone, you'd need to restore it to factory settings, which erases all personal content."

Anyone so amazingly dumb to not realise what is going to happen after all the press and the warnings supplied (twice!) before you can change your address, deserves to lose all their data.

Ah, OK. Fair enough. I wasn't planning on doing it myself anyway because I don't use that Hotmail account for anything other than a receptacle for Win Pho Marketplace receipts. :lol:

I was just hoping to avert a stream of angry rant threads from people who registered on this site 2 days ago for no other purpose than to complain, kind of like what happened with the issues with the L900 and then the WP7.5 --> WP8 think....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3