so the hilarious thing about tech writers raving about outlook.com

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is that we've been carrying it around in our pockets for almost 2 years now. I took one look at it and was basically unimpressed because it just looks and acts like email on my phone has for a while now. My SO was so impressed because it did all these cool things and looked cooler than old hotmail.

I think it shows the enormous hypocricy in the tech writer world these days. Pan Windows Phone but rave about features off the phone that have been part of it all along for a while now.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Not really, look a Windows Vista/Windows 7. They are very similar but one is reviled and the other cause a revolution.

Outlook is an old email account that I would had never dream of using until I saw the site the other day, is all about presentation and they nailed it.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not really, look a Windows Vista/Windows 7. They are very similar but one is reviled and the other cause a revolution.

Outlook is an old email account that I would had never dream of using until I saw the site the other day, is all about presentation and they nailed it.
The Vista/7 argument I think just justifies the OP more. Vista, 7 and 8 for the most part share the same NT kernel Vista being 6.0, 7 being 6.1 and 8 being 6.2. In fact 7 ships with less consumer features because they took out Mail and Calendar. By the time 7 rolled around Vista was running solidly on the same hardware as 7. That isn't to say 7 was not an improvement, but it was marginal, being able to run on netbooks (albeit Starter edition though), and vast productivity improvements with the Superbar and Aero snapping, its core was still Vista. But tech writers heralded it as the 2nd coming of Windows when it wasn't that much of an improvement (that isn't to say there wasn't any improvement).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have a Vista machine that actually runs smoother and more responsive than a more powerful 7 machine.

It is all about what hardware you match up, and WAY too many Vista boxes that came out were woefully underpowered...**** they barely ran XP well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3