Sending Email from an Alias

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
All,

after all the detail on how to utilize an @outlook email address I decided just to create an alias. I have three WP's I actively use and did not feel like doing a hard reset on all 3.

After creating the alias I am now able to send and recieve email from my @outlook alias with no issue when I use the webclient, and recipents can reply directly to it. However when I cant seem to find a way to send mail from my WP from the Alias account.

Is the possible to do?

for additional background when i created my original hotmail account i used an @yahoo.com email address. now when i send from my hotmail account on my WP the recipeint recieves an email from hotmail_randomNumbers&Letters@live.com on behalf of username@yahoo.com. when you reply to this email it goes back to my yahoo account instead of hotmail or outlook...

i saw a few similar questions asked in the other thread but none were answered so i thougt it may deserve its own thread.

Thanks,

Mutant 9

Camille DL

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This was my main reason to go through the hard reset necessary to change my Microsoft account name. It puzzles my why aliases are not supported by WP mail client, but it goes further: Outlook 2010 with Hotmail Connector or the (customer preview of) Outlook 2013 also don't seem to be well integrated with Microsoft's own email service! In fact, Outlook 2013 didn't even recognise my email address properly when it was @windowslive.com and I had to configure everything manually.
MS really needs much more internal coordination of its different products and services.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
In outlook 2010 I just changed the mailadress in the conector settings, and it picked up nicely from there....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo