Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Developer

Hey guys,

Just a weird question about the new Outlook.com. I converted my old LiveID to Outlook.com. Everything looks fine, except my calendar.

When accessing Outlook.com via web pages, and I select Calendar, it brings up my old Hotmail/Live calendar web page. Is this normal?
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    Mine does it as well. I guess the calendar part has not been updated yet. I am sure they will get around to it soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    Maybe because they are 1 and the same, all you did was change the name of your hotmail account.
    7cf26b0d
  4. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    They haven't released the updated skydrive and calendar sites yet that fit in the rest of the outlook brand yet, so they still default to the old sites - I would think they will be updated before windows 8 is released, the skydrive updated is expected in the next couple of weeks, not sure when for the calendar.

You can see what the updated version of the skydrive site will look like here.
    Last edited by cgk1; 08-03-2012 at 06:06 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Developer

I wish I knew all of this before I spent a few hours trying figure out what went wrong. :@

I would also like to slap the person in charge who decided to roll out outlook.com half baked.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    I wish I knew all of this before I spent a few hours trying figure out what went wrong. :@

You did notice where it said Outlook Preview (or something like that). Google does this all the time with beta versions of everything. Difference here is that Outlook Online will be an elegant experience on or before October 26th.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just a weird question about the new Outlook.com. I converted my old LiveID to Outlook.com. Everything looks fine, except my calendar.

When accessing Outlook.com via web pages, and I select Calendar, it brings up my old Hotmail/Live calendar web page. Is this normal?
    Outlook.com is being rolled out just for testing with current hotmail, live and MSN users. It's the beta version. The calendar etc are still under development.

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    Its called PREVIEW for a reason. I believe its also still a BETA!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Yeah, well it is Thanksgiving and the Outlook.com calendar is still messed up.

Yes. Unfortunately the calendar has not been updated to the modern UI yet. It sucks a lot. I have a thread about it here.

When will Windows Live Calendar get the new UI? - Microsoft Community

More views and posts in the above link... might grab their attention.

4 months further and still there is no official statement from Microsoft if this still is going to happen?

Change from Hotmail to Outlook Calendar please.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor85 View Post
    4 months further and still there is no official statement from Microsoft if this still is going to happen?

Change from Hotmail to Outlook Calendar please.
    Agreed, I have moved over from Google to Outlook.com and the Calender really lets the whole experience down at the moment
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikumba View Post
    Agreed, I have moved over from Google to Outlook.com and the Calender really lets the whole experience down at the moment
    Could not agree more. I finally moved everything from google to outlook.com and I goto the Cal and BAM, I see the old live stuff. I always hated Windows Live.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Ditto, would love an update or at least saying in six months we will get it.
    Narse77 likes this.
    I'm more annoyed that holidays no longer show up in the calendar, at least for me in the UK. But I agree with you guys, it would be nice for continuity across their services.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Calendar is being reworked in a big way, the update is coming, but it won't come overnight. I hardly visit the online page, but everything works great from my phone.

Oh I have no doubt an update is coming, probably this summer once the Hotmail migration has been completed.

Now if they could improve the calendar app to something useful on the phone that be great

This is a microcosm of the issues Microsoft is having with Windows Phone. Always a step behind of delivering the complete package, and no communication with the public.

Microsoft's status website for many of its online services is reporting a disruption to normal operations to many of its online services as of about 5:35 PT/ 8:35 EST. Included in the disruption to normal operations are Hotmail, Outlook.com, Calendar, and Skydrive.

Lethal Weapon // celebjackets // Matthew Mcconaughey Jacket
    Last edited by Katharine44; 04-11-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Global Posts
    33,002 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine44 View Post
    Microsoft's status website for many of its online services is reporting a disruption to normal operations to many of its online services as of about 5:35 PT/ 8:35 EST. Included in the disruption to normal operations are Hotmail, Outlook.com, Calendar, and Skydrive.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Let's just say that I am thoroughly underwhelmed with the new calendar on the web. Gone are the specific local weather forecasts (you have to click the icons instead of just glance at them); also gone is the "next four weeks" view. The old calendar was much more functional.

Why "upgrade" to something that has fewer features than what the supposed "downgrade" had?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycmeistr View Post
    Let's just say that I am thoroughly underwhelmed with the new calendar on the web. Gone are the specific local weather forecasts (you have to click the icons instead of just glance at them); also gone is the "next four weeks" view. The old calendar was much more functional.

Why "upgrade" to something that has fewer features than what the supposed "downgrade" had?
    I like it, also what do you mean by the next 4 weeks view, i never really used the old calendar, but it shows a month on the screen a simple scroll down shows the next month etc

So not sure where the problem is

I used 4 weeks view all the time. Viewing in month in a window, you can't see the end of the month. 4 weeks view allowed you to move the first week or 2 off the screen to see the rest of the month when they've already passed.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Yep: This:

Quote Originally Posted by didi1 View Post
    I used 4 weeks view all the time. Viewing in month in a window, you can't see the end of the month. 4 weeks view allowed you to move the first week or 2 off the screen to see the rest of the month when they've already passed.
    There is no use to having events that have already passed still on your screen, while events that are to come are blocked off from ready view.

Personally, I had my old Hotmail calendar on 4-week view at all times, and found it to be quite handy.

Additionally, if the projected low-temp/high-temp weather forecast would be restored, it would be helpful; a lot easier to just glance rather than to have to click each separate icon for each day. A small, but nice feature, to be sure.
    Last edited by Psycmeistr; 04-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast