do you think that HTC should focus more on Wp8 now for what happened before

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sup guys. I got a question do you think that after what happened to HTC. do you think that they should come back and focus more on Wp8 now. because HTC simply can't compete with Samsung in the android space. though Samsung is now putting more into Wp8 as well. So what do you guys think?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
They are a bit burned by the disappointing sales of the One Series so they will likely ramp up their WP8 efforts.
true. I really think that the next high end HTC wp. should have a slightly better processor than the One X, expandable storage, NFC, better resolution, slightly bigger screen, bigger camera (Titan 2 size), beats audio and bring all of HTC android's exclusive apps to Wp8. it'll be a very good phone. not does not compare to Nokia Lumia pureivew

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
true. I really think that the next high end HTC wp. should have a slightly better processor than the One X, expandable storage, NFC, better resolution, slightly bigger screen, bigger camera (Titan 2 size), beats audio and bring all of HTC android's exclusive apps to Wp8. it'll be a very good phone. not does not compare to Nokia Lumia pureivew

The processor might be equal to the One X, but probably won't be better. Doubt they put out a bigger screen than the Titan. I have an HTC with beats and I think it's overrated. What android exclusive apps are you referring to? My HTC Trophy has stuff like flip to silence that the androids have. I wouldn't mind having a Titan sized device running WP8.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I've given up on HTC. They sell 10 million phones and say they are losing money. Plus, there are too many quality control issues on their phones.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
HTC needs to make better hardware with a more innovative design. Bottom line they need something new. I agree HTC quality control is bad just bad.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought a EVO 4G LTE because I wasn't able to order a GS3 until a few days ago. Well, I just finished the transfer to the GS3 and I'm definitely enjoying Samsung a lot more.

Samsung may copy off Apple's designs, but a lot of their software is freaking awesome. I love being able to take a screenshot by swiping the side of my palm across the screen. Being able to swap media with anyone with a GS3.

I want Sammy to bring this innovation to WP.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The processor might be equal to the One X, but probably won't be better. Doubt they put out a bigger screen than the Titan. I have an HTC with beats and I think it's overrated. What android exclusive apps are you referring to? My HTC Trophy has stuff like flip to silence that the androids have. I wouldn't mind having a Titan sized device running WP8.

It will be equal, right now there really is no better processor than the Snapdragon S4. Don't really care for beats as the SRS is pretty good to me already. Besides I've heard that the beats didn't work till you have a beats headset. We also have too many people on here going to Android, that's not how we support WP.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Bought a EVO 4G LTE because I wasn't able to order a GS3 until a few days ago. Well, I just finished the transfer to the GS3 and I'm definitely enjoying Samsung a lot more.

Samsung may copy off Apple's designs, but a lot of their software is freaking awesome. I love being able to take a screenshot by swiping the side of my palm across the screen. Being able to swap media with anyone with a GS3.

I want Sammy to bring this innovation to WP.
I really do think that Sammy. would do that. since they are in a fight. they need to take a break from android for a while and they know they will sued again. So they will focus on Wp until everything calms down.
Samsung’s Shift To Windows Phone Is Good For Microsoft | Mobile Bloom News

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC's greatest strength, when they are applying it, is that they can make some high quality feeling devices that compare very favorably to Samsung's terribly cheap feeling light and shiny plastic junk when you pick them up and hold them in your hand.

If I were them, I would focus on that. Take some design risks like they have in the past, make some phones that are a little more daring, but sleek and masculine looking. Think Braun shavers.

Do that, and have at least two solid WP8 devices ready to do at launch and ACTUALLY ADVERTISE THEM.

It's OK if they are sold as Android devices too. As much as I hate that, it's a business reality and HTC probably isn't in a position to design unique phones for WP yet.

But this time, do it the other way around. Launch them as WP8 devices FIRST. The Android masses won't even be paying attention to WP anyway and probably aren't going to feel slighted by getting a phone design that came to WP a few months earlier. By putting WP8 first, they'll be doing something different, and that will get them some free media buzz.

Make two sleek, Braun shaver looking phones for WP8. Target businesspeople and more mature types moving away from Blackberry with one and give it a physical slide-out keyboard. Emphasize the MS Office etc.

The second model, make small and sleek and cheaper. Target it at young women who are educated. Emphasize the social media aspects of WP8, but that it's also a phone for serious people.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It will be equal, right now there really is no better processor than the Snapdragon S4. Don't really care for beats as the SRS is pretty good to me already. Besides I've heard that the beats didn't work till you have a beats headset. We also have too many people on here going to Android, that's not how we support WP.

I have an HTC Rezound with the beats audio and beats headset. The main benefit is extra bass. The negative is it only works with music stored on the phone, so no beats with streaming music, plus as you said the beats headset is required. The beats headset is even more bassier on my Trophy with the sound enhancement on. I really think the original headset that came with my Trophy has better overall sound quality than the beats headset, at least with the sound enhancement on.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
One area where HTC is better than Samsung, at least in the android world, is reception. The general consensus on the android forums I frequent is that Motorola and HTC devices get better reception than Samsung devices. Where I live the reception is adequate so I am very concerned about which phone does better. That's one of the reasons I want a Nokia WP8.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have an HTC Rezound with the beats audio and beats headset. The main benefit is extra bass. The negative is it only works with music stored on the phone, so no beats with streaming music, plus as you said the beats headset is required. The beats headset is even more bassier on my Trophy with the sound enhancement on. I really think the original headset that came with my Trophy has better overall sound quality than the beats headset, at least with the sound enhancement on.

Yea my bro has the GS3 and there's a setting in the music player that has 7.1 virtual surround sound. But it's only in the player not system wide like it is on our WP.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The problem was people mistakenly spreading the word that HTC offered quality devices and Samsung ones where too plasticky. HTC though they made good products when actually they where hot pieces of garbage.

I mean the HTC One X is just 100 bucks and the GS3 is 200 as of right now. I tried to convince a friend of mine to get the One X because the GS3 is sold out everywhere and is half the price. She cursed at me lol.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would like to see HTC put some love into their WP offerings. It sure doesn't escape me the history of HTC and MS, from Windows Mobile on. While LG and Sammy put out one or two WP devices in 2010, HTC was playing the role of Nokia and pushing them to all carriers everywhere. And some really good ones as well- maybe the HD7 on T-Mo was disappointing, but I get the feeling the Trophy and the Arrive (HTC7 Pro for you US Cellular and smaller carriers) will still be in use years from now.

But they have stumbled. I do not think they need to cower from Samsung in the Android world, but they sure need to decide on how to tackle them. WP 8 would give them a great revenue source that has room to grow and is years from reaching it's peak. They could really become a force along with Nokia if they decided to focus on it.

I do not feel as though I could trust them at this point. They have a long road to earn money from me. In WP 8 both Sammy and Nokia are way higher on the preference level. If I felt the need to go Android then Sammy, Sony, and Motorola would all be ahead on my short list.

Good luck getting that "quietly Brilliant" reputation back......

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I really do think that Sammy. would do that. since they are in a fight. they need to take a break from android for a while and they know they will sued again. So they will focus on Wp until everything calms down.
Samsung’s Shift To Windows Phone Is Good For Microsoft | Mobile Bloom News
Wow. Who is this lost soul trying to write for mobile???

The title had me excited, but then the first few lines made me realize this guy knew about as much about Mobile as I do about Physics. (TRUST me- that ain't a ton. I so respect smart people.)

He states in the beginning: "The end of the year would in all likelihood see Samsung release two new phones that run on the Windows Phone 8 operating system. This marks a change in Samsung’s phones which have been almost exclusively running on the Android OS till now. It is hard to say now whether this is just Samsung’s effort to diversify its lineup or if it marks the beginning of a paradigm shift that will see the Korean giant moving away from the Android."

Almost exclusivly?? Apparently, he missed the ENTIRE Focus series, including the unofficial single most respected Gen 1 device and all THREE of the Mango Focus' releases.

He finishes up with "The news that Samsung is going to adopt Windows Phone is great for Microsoft on other fronts too as Samsung’s approval will mean that other manufacturers will take it up as well."

Adopt Windows Phone? Again...

Who is this lost soul trying to write for mobile???

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The bad is that is impossible for HTC to make a Windows Phone that's better than the One X. They put all their eggs on that basket.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The bad is that is impossible for HTC to make a Windows Phone that's better than the One X. They put all their eggs on that basket.

Um yes they can. It's been proven that WP can run better than androids with equal or lesser specs. So therefore the next HTC WP will have the same specs as the One-X but it will run better.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It's also being proven for the Windows Phone cameras to be terrible with equal specs. The HTC one-X runs well enough but it has a lot of more features and apps than the WP8 version can dream, not to mention it will probably be 50 bucks on contract by the time those came out. Choosing the WP8 version will be being played for sucker.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's also being proven for the Windows Phone cameras to be terrible with equal specs. The HTC one-X runs well enough but it has a lot of more features and apps than the WP8 version can dream, not to mention it will probably be 50 bucks on contract by the time those came out. Choosing the WP8 version will be being played for sucker.

The camera in the Titan II is just as good as the one in the one-X. The WP8 version will be on par or have more features because it's basically a full OS on a phone, you know NT kernel and all? Why are you always putting down this platform?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6