Struggling with Zune. Is there an app?

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound like a stupid question and is probably repetitive I know but I'm not very good at this..

All I want to do is categorise large numbers of photos of different types of items into their respective albums or folders. I'm really struggling with Zune which seems unnecessarily cumbersome - to me anyway. Is there an app or an easier way? And I would like to keep pics at full resolution so I can edit for a web site.

At the moment it looks like I might have to grind through hundreds of pics on the roll just to find the one I want.

My wife never lets me forget how easy it is to do all this on her iphone:mad:.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound like a stupid question and is probably repetitive I know but I'm not very good at this..

All I want to do is categorise large numbers of photos of different types of items into their respective albums or folders. I'm really struggling with Zune which seems unnecessarily cumbersome - to me anyway. Is there an app or an easier way? And I would like to keep pics at full resolution so I can edit for a web site.

At the moment it looks like I might have to grind through hundreds of pics on the roll just to find the one I want.

My wife never lets me forget how easy it is to do all this on her iphone:mad:.

In "My pictures" on your PC - arrange all your stuff in separate folders the way you want. Put all these folders under the folder for your Windows Phone. Connect your phone to Zune, Sync, Done.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
In "My pictures" on your PC - arrange all your stuff in separate folders the way you want. Put all these folders under the folder for your Windows Phone. Connect your phone to Zune, Sync, Done.
Note: You don't have to move your photos. I have a couple dozen sub-folders in My Pictures on my PC. After they are organized, open Zune and drag the folders you want to sync with your phone. Done. I have 1000+ photos on my phone and all easy to find.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Note: You don't have to move your photos. I have a couple dozen sub-folders in My Pictures on my PC. After they are organized, open Zune and drag the folders you want to sync with your phone. Done. I have 1000+ photos on my phone and all easy to find.

Thanks. I mean all the photos I take with the phone camera. So I sync the phone, organize into folders on the PC then drag them all back to the phone yes? Do they still retain full resolution?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I mean all the photos I take with the phone camera. So I sync the phone, organize into folders on the PC then drag them all back to the phone yes? Do they still retain full resolution?

Yes if you don't want all your folders to be on your Phone then just the selected ones.

However if you want same copy on phone as your PC (which I do) then..

Once you've organised them, you need to only 'Sync'

Click on PHONE on top left.

Now under your Phone image, there will be an option for 'Sync now' or 'Sync options'

Ideally if you are not a guest phone and if you have established a sync relationship with phone, then all you have to do is connect phone to PC, open Zune and watch the miracle. It will do everything.

You only establish that relationship one time and it will love you for rest of your life ;)

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, so far the relationship is a rocky one - and may end in divorce.

I have blank albums that don't sync onto the PC so I can neither delete or add photos to them. Most of the roll has gone to favorites under dates and when I sync the PC folders look nothing like the ones on the phone.

And it looks to me like there is no way to add more pics to an existing album.

It's quite possible there is something wrong with my computer I guess.

This is the only thing that frustrates me about this phone. It should not be this hard.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, for starters, we can't move anything on the phone. Just want to be sure that's clear. With that said, Zune leaves a lot to be desired, so it's best to use Zune to sync with your phone and Windows Explorer for everything else.

Open Windows Explorer and go to My Pictures>Zune>Your Device Name. You should find two folders; Camera Roll and Saved Pictures. Drag any photo you want from either folder to any other folder you have created in My Pictures, "Important Photos" for example. Now, open Zune, go to My Collection>Pictures, find the Important Photos folder and drag it down to the phone icon (lower left). The Important Photos folder will now sync with your phone.

I have found that using Zune to drag/drop/delete individual photos usually turns into a mess. So use thumbnail view in Explorer. Should make life easier.

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've stopped throwing things.

The Documents and My Pictures folder were a mess so I sorted them out and created a single named destination folder in Zune. For some reason syncs were splitting up into different folders. So far so good. I can now create new albums, add to existing albums and do stuff without things disappearing.

I've had enough for tonight but I'm getting there:D. Thanks for all the help.

Benzme

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Almost..

One more question. When I try to make folders with pics from the PC to be synced to the phone, Zune either shows the folder minus some photos or recognizes folder name but with no contents at all.

Could this be a Zune problem or is it more likely to be where I'm putting the folders? Putting them either under the phone name or my pics makes no difference.

I'm beginning to think it would be easier if I just carried around my old iphone just for albums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro