Can I get some help with a problem with APN settings on ZTE Tania?

Wicket#WP

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Problem with APN settings on ZTE Tania

I bought a ZTE Tania to my mother the other day. She is using a prepaid subscription from the swedish operator Telia. My problem is, Telia have one APN setting for MMS (mms.telia.se) and another for Data Traffic (online.telia.se). When I enter online.telia.se I get data traffic to work, but I can't send MMS. And when I enter mms.telia.se it's the other way around. From what I can see, WP7 does not give me the option to enter two different APN settings...

I think Nokia solved it with it's own network setup program, but what about other manufacturers, like ZTE?

Wicket#WP

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Could it really be the case that each phone provider needs it's own network settings application in order for this to work?

Is it not possible to create one general application to use?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Could it really be the case that each phone provider needs it's own network settings application in order for this to work?

you would have to ask a developer that.I am not sure they have that access in their windows SDK. If it was available, I am sure someone would have made one by now for all the small sub-carriers.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Only OEMs and Carriers are granted access to WPs registry, and even then on a limited basis. So, if the Network Setting app makes changes to the registry, which I believe it does, then it has to come from the OEM or Carrier.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Wicket#WP

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, now I spoke to the one who sold me the phone (cdon.com), to the creator of it (ZTE) and to my operator (Telia). Neither of them can help me with my problem.

And... A little correction from me here. I can not IN ANY WAY make MMS work. Not even by setting the correct mms.telia.se settings under APN-settings. I have tried to reset the phone (since someone said the phone picks up MMS-settings at first boot). Didn't help. I have tried to dial ##634# (to get into the factory settings) didn't help.

Data traffic is no problem getting to work, but the MMS settings are killing me!

Any id?a anyone?

SungamR

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
How to fix ZTE Tania APN problem

I just talked to ZTE technical support in Sweden and they told me that I need to send it in for an upgrade. They will add a menu called Network Settings in the configuration menu. From there it will be possible to set up more than one APN.

I bought the phone from Elgiganten in Sweden just a week ago.

/Magnus

Well, now I spoke to the one who sold me the phone (cdon.com), to the creator of it (ZTE) and to my operator (Telia). Neither of them can help me with my problem.

Any id?a anyone?

Wicket#WP

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Magnus for this information. I just got information from CDON.COM that I should send my phone to DeltaService.

Good to know I'm not the only one with the problem and that threr seem to be a solution for it...

Btw, I got this answer from ZTE:

"Thanks for contacting ZTE.

We are really sorry for the inconvience which you have caused. But this is ZTE manufacturing company. We don't assistance for MMS settings.Thank you.

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. "

Could have been nice of them to point me in the correct direction (like the swedish support you write about)...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I just talked to ZTE technical support in Sweden and they told me that I need to send it in for an upgrade. They will add a menu called Network Settings in the configuration menu. From there it will be possible to set up more than one APN.

I bought the phone from Elgiganten in Sweden just a week ago.

/Magnus

I am glad you found a solution. It seems odd that they would want you to send it in. The other manufacturers have an application you can download for network settings.

gerardo84

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Magnus for this information. I just got information from CDON.COM that I should send my phone to DeltaService.

Good to know I'm not the only one with the problem and that threr seem to be a solution for it...

Btw, I got this answer from ZTE:

"Thanks for contacting ZTE.

We are really sorry for the inconvience which you have caused. But this is ZTE manufacturing company. We don't assistance for MMS settings.Thank you.

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. "

Could have been nice of them to point me in the correct direction (like the swedish support you write about)...
hey
Just want to know how did it go and couple of questions :happy:
Did you got your phones MMS to work after sending it to the service?
what did the guys from delta services say it was?
I also bougth my Zte Tania with Cdon.se.
and i ll only ll send it if any of u got your phone fix .
you didnt have to pay anything i hope not
how long time it took before u got the phone back??
thanks in advance :lol:

Wicket#WP

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi again!
Just got the phone back the other day.

[ Did you got your phones MMS to work after sending it to the service? ]
Yes!

[ what did the guys from delta services say it was? ]
The only thing written on the service-paper was 'Updated software'. What they did was installing an application for connection-settings, where I could enter all information from TELIA.

[ how long time it took before u got the phone back?? ]
I did not have to pay anything and it took almost two weeks before I got it back.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills