Mysterious Lock Screen Icon

Trophy_User

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain the icon depicted in the below image? It pops up from time to time, and I can not quite figure out any rime or reason for it. No new emails have been received, nor anything else new, that I can tell. I do not know what makes it go away, but it just vanishes after a fay or so. Restarting the phone does nothing. This has been happening for quite a while, and through the past several software updates.

Thanks!

Brian.

- Verizon

IMG_4724.JPG

thecrazyanu

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You have got a new email. The icon in the middle refers to new email in a linked inbox, while the one on the right refers to an unlinked inbox

Trophy_User

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
That sounds right, but I have three(3) email accounts, all of which are linked. When I unlock the phone after the icon appears (I get a 'new mail' audible chime), the email tile does not indicate new mail. Opening the mail also does not populate with a new email.

Manually sending/testing any of the email accounts works as expected. Odd enough.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlink them one by one. Test them one by one everytime by sending a mail to the unlinked one.
Then unlink them all and test again by sending mails to them.

Now one by one link them again but now test the linked ones.

Compare the results, link them all again and test one last time by sending mails to them.

While doing all that, keep an eye out for that false notification.

It's a lot of work, but IMO the only way to figure out which mailbox is the culprit.
That notification MUST come from one of them. It's no software glitch on your phone but rather a glitch from one of your mailboxes !

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My right new mail icon indicates new mail in Outlook work account while my middle new mail icon indicates new mail in my Hotmail account.

Scott

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have another email account on your phone that may not be on the Start screen. Three accounts (or linked accounts) show on the Lock screen. They appear from left to right (the first two spots are for calls & texts). So this icon is for the second account. If your other three accounts are linked, this is a fourth account. Or maybe, your three accounts are not linked (maybe only two).

Go to Settings/Email and check to see how many email accounts you have active on your phone. You can also check the linked account to verify all three are linked. The icon would go away if the message was opened on another device.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte