Windows Phone gets slow while charging

rnpereira

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

It has happened to me a few times by now. For no reason I can tell, while my phone (lumia 710) is charging and I start using it, it just lags on everything. I mean, it is not a lag, it just gets slow. Tiles gets slow, browsing the screen gets slow, everything I do is slowed, like the processor was overloaded.

Then I have to wait for some time to get it back to normal. Sometimes it fixes once I unplug my phone, sometimes it fixes by itself. I think this has started happening after the last nokia update. Or at least has increased its frequency.
Anyone of you guys has ever had this issue?

Maybe a hard reset will fix this? And if I hard reset my phone, will I have to reinstall OS updates as well, right?
Apps I know I can recover easily, and contacts are on windows live, so it would be no problem to restore these items.

Thanks.

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

It has happened to me a few times by now. For no reason I can tell, while my phone (lumia 710) is charging and I start using it, it just lags on everything. I mean, it is not a lag, it just gets slow. Tiles gets slow, browsing the screen gets slow, everything I do is slowed, like the processor was overloaded.

Then I have to wait for some time to get it back to normal. Sometimes it fixes once I unplug my phone, sometimes it fixes by itself. I think this has started happening after the last nokia update. Or at least has increased its frequency.
Anyone of you guys has ever had this issue?

Maybe a hard reset will fix this? And if I hard reset my phone, will I have to reinstall OS updates as well, right?
Apps I know I can recover easily, and contacts are on windows live, so it would be no problem to restore these items.

Thanks.
Windows Phone 7.5 does have some performance issues, hopefully WP8 will be better

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I haven't experienced that exactly but my HD7 does stall a little bit when the charger is first plugged in, speed reverts to normal after that.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, if you experience odd behaviour whilst charging, just unplug it and pop it straight back in. It always cures it on my HD7.

Hope this helps. :)

LightBulbIT

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on Lumia 900. I think it may be the charger. It doesn't do it on the one sent from Nokia, but another aftermarket charger will do this. Didn't happen when I got it, started recently.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had sporatic behaviors due to a faulty charger. Does it do this whith all chargers or just one in paticuar?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone plugged in to a USB backup charger (mostly at the end of the day) pretty often and use my phone while charging. Never experienced any kind of lag.

If you do choose to hard reset, all of your OS/firmware updates will still be there. Just enter your LiveID and download apps again, and you are back in business. But be sure to sync your photos/videos first as they will also be wiped.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Xaphoon148

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
never noticed anything like that with my prescious... :p htc Radar
Works like a charm even when in the charger, in the house or in the car
Never have had something even close to lagging on this Phone among phones :)

Retro_uk

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Get this on my Lumia 710. I can just be on the home screen and it gets jerky, slow and laggy. It isn't that much of a big deal for me as it is usually charging when it is sat at home. I could imagine it being a nuisance if I was charging while out and about in a car though.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone plugged in to a USB backup charger (mostly at the end of the day) pretty often and use my phone while charging. Never experienced any kind of lag.

If you do choose to hard reset, all of your OS/firmware updates will still be there. Just enter your LiveID and download apps again, and you are back in business. But be sure to sync your photos/videos first as they will also be wiped.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
SMS gets deleted though

simonnyc

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Your phone might be trying to wirelessly sync to your network somewhere. This happens to me (even though my computer is turned off). If you go to your photos hub, you should be able to cancel any syncing which will speed up your phone.

Aleslie

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues with the battery. I charged it over night last night and it was at 100%, unplugged the phone at 10:30AM, sent 4 short text messages and accessed FB for no more than 5 minutes, and the phone was at 22% by 3:30 PM.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having issues with the battery. I charged it over night last night and it was at 100%, unplugged the phone at 10:30AM, sent 4 short text messages and accessed FB for no more than 5 minutes, and the phone was at 22% by 3:30 PM.
Yeah, sometimes my battery lasts quite a while and other days for no good reason it'll die very very quickly.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me too. It only seems to happen when wifi is on, so I assume it has something to do with the phone trying to sync to Zune. I'm not sure if it differs based on whether Zune is currently running on my PC. It never really bothered me since I plug my phone in right before I go to sleep anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire