Anyone else feel like MS will be getting alot of your money this fall?

b1llballbaggins

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I for one feel that way, with the release of Windows 8, Surface and WP8 phones.

Not to mention I have just spent ?200 on Microsoft books and another ?300 on certification exams.

Take my money MS! :p

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
There's no doubt that I'll have a WP8 the first day, a surface for me and a surface pro when they come out. My son will be on the hand me down getting a 6 month old Lumia 900 and a few month old surface. :p

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I have no doubt i'll get a surface rt and a white 920 on launch day, not to mention a wireless charging pad, a set of the purity bt headphones, and maybe even one of those fat boy pillows.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't yet decided on a Surface or not (or some other manufacturer's W8 tablet). I am leaning towards "no" on the tablet, but who knows, things can change. However, it is a solid "yes" on a WP8 device. Sadly, I haven't yet seen a WP8 device that's just right for me. The screens are too darn large!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A 2nd Gen WP8 device?
I totally understand. As I am actually still very happy with my Focus S, I will play around with the devices coming out, and grab one if it is what I want. But, I am not in a hurry. I am sure Nokia will be producing new devices all year long. If the sale of WP8's are promising I wouldn't be surprised to see HTC or Samsung release some follow up devices by the Summer buying season.

As I will be paying full price, it is going to take the device which blows me away. Besides, even if the 7.8 update is just a refresh with some Nokia services tossed in, it will at least give the current gen a new set of toys to play with.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, MS and Nokia are going to be sucking me dry this Autumn. :D

Well... saying that... I'm still undecided between the Sony Vaio Duo 11 and the Microsoft Surface. Kinda swaying towards the Surface at the moment.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I totally understand. As I am actually still very happy with my Focus S, I will play around with the devices coming out, and grab one if it is what I want. But, I am not in a hurry. I am sure Nokia will be producing new devices all year long. If the sale of WP8's are promising I wouldn't be surprised to see HTC or Samsung release some follow up devices by the Summer buying season.

As I will be paying full price, it is going to take the device which blows me away. Besides, even if the 7.8 update is just a refresh with some Nokia services tossed in, it will at least give the current gen a new set of toys to play with.

well, if my DVP weren't starting to get a bit rattly I might be willing to live with it for quite a while longer (especially if it ever gets 7.8) but... the half dozen or so times that I've dropped this phone are starting to have an impact on it (the slider has an increasingly unnerving amount of play/wobble in it relative to the screen, even when the slider is not in use). Add in the battery life (never spectacular) which has been getting worse and worse over the past month or two and the uncertainty of Dell and T-Mobile ever bothering to cooperate to give me any of the updates that have come out this year/are coming out this fall (still running 7.10.7720 here, dissapearing keyboard and all...) and, I'm becoming increasingly willing to retire this phone from duty as soon as a suitable WP8 option becomes available (ie: the 920).

So, I'm looking at a high probability of a new WP phone this fall, and I've been planning on a Surface RT since they were announced (at least one for me, quite possibly a second one for the s/o as well) which means I will most likely be sending a few bucks towards Microsoft before the year is done. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium