Windows Phone 7.8 release date?

zunemd

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
So, does anyone know when WP 7.8 is going to be released? I have the Nokia 900, and cannot wait to have 7.8 running.

Thanks!

;)

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
There's been no official release date but conventional wisdom is we won't get it until WP8 is released. I'm guessing the end of the year.

zunemd

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I agree it will probably be around 1st week Nov perhaps then.

This year seems to have flown by so fast.... but with the wait for WP8 and 7.8, time seems to have slowed down somewhat. :dry:blush:

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I agree it will probably be around 1st week Nov perhaps then.

This year seems to have flown by so fast.... but with the wait for WP8 and 7.8, time seems to have slowed down somewhat. :dry:blush:

Surely will hold back in an attempt to get people more eager to upgrade?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tajones64

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Eealy Release on 7.8

I believeit would be in Microsoft best interest to release 7.8 prior to the in store date of Iphone5.

Reason: It will hold back anyone currently using a Windows Phone from potentially jumping over to the Iphone 5.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the delay if it means a good amount of extended functionality.

I just wonder how they'll market 7.8 phones.

I don't think they will.

I don't see any indication that 7.8 is meant to be anything other than an update to placate existing customers. They might sell new, low-cost models that come with 7.8 in other markets outside the U.S. but I seriously doubt you are are going to see that here.

All new Windows Phones, other than exisiting stock of 7.5 phones, are going to be WP8 I'm sure. There would be no point in marketing 7.8, it's only of interest to people who have already bought their phones and it would only confuse new customers.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I believeit would be in Microsoft best interest to release 7.8 prior to the in store date of Iphone5.

Reason: It will hold back anyone currently using a Windows Phone from potentially jumping over to the Iphone 5.

It's a tough call. It could have that effect, but it could also have the effect of cooling off sales of new WP8 devices, which would be disasterous, especially for Nokia.

Even though I have a Lumia 900, I would still say it would be smart for Microsoft to make us wait just a little longer. If they release 7.8 too soon, or draw attention to it, it will steal some of WP8's thunder and that is something they definitely can't afford.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't expect it before Q22013, maybe even later, I bet not all devices will be released at the same time.

chillwater

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Severe.

I have 359 messages on my Lumia 900 which need to be erased one by one (which requires three finger presses each). That kinda makes 7.8 a little more crucial for some of us. It's incredible this functionality has not been addressed yet. I have Nokia and MS stock, just so you know.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have 359 messages on my Lumia 900 which need to be erased one by one (which requires three finger presses each). That kinda makes 7.8 a little more crucial for some of us. It's incredible this functionality has not been addressed yet. I have Nokia and MS stock, just so you know.

why a 3 finger press, you just click on the far left of the email and the boxes show up, then you can click each one by one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99