What is the battery back up of your windows phone ?

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Please let us know how much battery back up are you guys getting on your windows phone so that we can get fair idea of which mobile is the best, in the below format :
1. Mobile model
2. Time taken for full charge
3. Estimated time remaining showing after full charge
4. Actual battery back up after full charge

Ex :
1. Mobile model - Samsung Focus Flash
2. Time taken for full charge - 2 and half hours
3. Estimated time remaining showing after full charge - 16 hours
4. Actual battery back up after full charge - 10 hours

Thanks.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Focus Flash -
3 hours to charge
18 hours after Full Charge

Activity on Phone with 2 email checking every hour & wpcentral & weatherbug = 6% battery usage a hour for me.

Cell Signal, Activity, BackgroundApps, etc all affect battery performance..If you have nothing running the phone can go 2 days..

I documented my activites since I upgrade to Tango.

Before Tango battery life was way much better. But since Tango & Samsung Firmware Update which improved cellular connectivity that is what most likey caused battery life to drop on our flashes. Once radio firmware is installed you cannot uninstall it. What helped me the most was draining the battery to 5% then fully recharging it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Corepc, is that 6% while the phone is sleeping, or does that include some occasional use? If that's based on sleeping only, then that number is really high. I know the battery size is different, so the percentages will be off, but my L900 typically burns through 2%/hour with 8 background tasks, 5 email syncs (3 push, 2 timed), WiFi/LTE on, Location on, etc. May be the radio as you suggest, but I would run some tests, removing elements to pinpoint the issue. As a side note, in my controlled tests, syncing email every hour seemed to burn more power than every 30min, 2 hours, or even push. Can't explain why, but I tested it twice with the same result.

For the OP, I never get my battery low enough to determine how long a full charge will take. But from around 20% to 100%, usually takes about 100-120 minutes. And I don't pay much attention to the remaining time indicator as it uses any average of previous use. So if you used your phone continuous for 4-5 hours, the next charge would indicate less time. Bit if you almost didn't use your phone at all for a day+, remaining time after a charge would be longer. My phone burns 2% per hour overnight, and about 4% per hour during the day when I am moving around and receiving lots more mail, alerts, etc. With the screen on, 12-14% per hour, depending on what I a doing.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just the person I was hoping that would respond..;)

Corepc, is that 6% while the phone is sleeping, or does that include some occasional use? If that's based on sleeping only, then that number is really high.

As a side note, in my controlled tests, syncing email every hour seemed to burn more power than every 30min, 2 hours, or even push. Can't explain why, but I tested it twice with the same result.

At home today so it will be Idle/sleeping with occasional use. Wpcentral fired off a few times today, downloaded time sync app, check gleek.. I am down to 85% since last post from above. 13 Hours left now..3g Connect..

I have not tried chaning from 1 hour to 30min or push. Let me see if that makes a difference..

Battery Saver to me is not 100% accurate all the time. Because the amount of hours that is estimate can change depending on the activity on the phone.

edit (now 14 hours left..lol..can't trust battery saver estimate)..Changed yahoo to 30min and hotmail to push..

Last edited:

md_minhaj

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Facing same problem after tango update

Before Tango battery life was way much better. But since Tango & Samsung Firmware Update which improved cellular connectivity that is what most likey caused battery life to drop on our flashes. Once radio firmware is installed you cannot uninstall it. What helped me the most was draining the battery to 5% then fully recharging it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/focus-flash-4g-omnia-w/195639.htm

Ditto issue after tango update. The battery estimated time drastically increased showing more than a day's back up after doing a hard reset but eventually fell back to 15 hours as I downloaded apps and games. Any idea how how downloading apps and games affects the battery drain ? :confused:

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
1. Mobile model - LG Quantum C900
2. Time taken for full charge - ~2 hours
3. Estimated time remaining showing after full charge - 23 hours
4. Actual battery back up after full charge - 23-24 hours

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members